So, I know you can make 16 x 16 icon with a program by tifreak but is there a way to make 32 x 32 icon with TI BASIC. I have seen these types of icons with assembly programs because I assume there are some advantages when programming. Could this feature be included in a new version of Doors? If this is a possoble feature then that would awesome. Is this possible Kerm? Please reply. Very Happy
Assembly programs can have up to 32x32-pixel icons because they can easily encode 2-bit color data (that is, 4 pixels per byte, or only 4 possible colors per pixel). That makes each 32x32 icon 32*32/4 = 256 bytes. A Doors CSE BASIC icon is 16x16 and 8 bits per pixel, also 256 bytes. If you had a 32x32-pixel BASIC icon, it would be 32*32 = 1024 bytes, and it seems abusive to end-users to enlarge your program by 1KB just for the Doors CSE icon to me (even 256 bytes seems a bit excessive). For more details about the different kinds of icons ASM programs can have, check out this page:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/ASM_Header_%28Color%29
KermMartian wrote:
Assembly programs can have up to 32x32-pixel icons because they can easily encode 2-bit color data (that is, 4 pixels per byte, or only 4 possible colors per pixel). That makes each 32x32 icon 32*32/4 = 256 bytes. A Doors CSE BASIC icon is 16x16 and 8 bits per pixel, also 256 bytes. If you had a 32x32-pixel BASIC icon, it would be 32*32 = 1024 bytes, and it seems abusive to end-users to enlarge your program by 1KB just for the Doors CSE icon to me (even 256 bytes seems a bit excessive). For more details about the different kinds of icons ASM programs can have, check out this page:

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/ASM_Header_%28Color%29

But, you're saying this is possible? is it just as simple as having 1024 characters for the icon? That would be awesome. If this is incorrect, could you provide an example? Thanks so much! Very Happy
I prefer pixelated, 16x16 icons myself for space reasons. If I am gonna make a Tunnel game I would rather not double its file size just for such icon. Plus most game sprites are 8x8 or 16x16 anyway so with a 16x16 icon I can simply use one of my sprites.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours