[cross posted from omnimaga]
As some of you already know, I passed the last few month to convert GLib to an axiom, and if you doesn't know/or guess it, well SURPRISE ! :
I am proud to finally present this works, and hope we will be able to see some 3D project appears. Of course keep in mind
that this is a calculator engine, even if performances are definitly WAY more superior to axe version (thanks to asm/code refactoring).

In cliping, for example, I've got almost a 50%, even 55% performances boost....

For the new features/ changes from the axe version :
-library now use matrix, way more powerful than the previous method that I used, and for now faster
-VBO has been limited to 8 and for now can't be supressed (but don't worry you will soon be able to do that, and I'll post in tuto a way to do it from axe point of view)
-Many many many optimization, size wise and speed wise. Standard cube (example provided) run at more than 40 fps ....

Anyway, the little test screen :

note that the white a the begining is definitly a gif bug >_>

And of course, the download is attached. (I hope I don't forget anything in it !) I'll do a tuto update on omnimaga, and try to provide a good documentation for this..
Concerning the source, I am pretty sure that Asm guru will find a lot, lot of optimization, feel free to take a look Very Happy
Also, there is most likely going to have update, for example new optimization, bug fixes, but the syntax won't hopefully change (except if a small change can boost performance like hell Razz)
You can download it there : https://www.omnimaga.org/ti-z80-calculator-projects/(axiom)-introducing-glib-a-fast-3d-library/?action=dlattach;attach=18468
Looking very slick indeed!

The part im most impressed about is the switch to storing rotations in matrices which should help alleviate users from encountering locking etc.

(Do you have a game in the works for this?)
That's super fast, very impressive!
Nice work! Taking a look at that code (BTW, whoa, all on one file Razz ), it looks pretty spiffy. Smile Nice work!
Thanks !
There is definitly a game ine work, but it is at the project stade, and I need to convert polygons part to axiom too before starting to program it.
A little stress test I've just made :
256 vertices at 6Mhz, 6fps

Wow. At 6Mhz to, that is some impressive rendering. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours