Aparantely OS X is now competing even more against windows - well, now that it has its first trojan virus anyway Wink

http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102379

NOTE: THIS IS NOT LIMITED TO THE NEW x86 VERSIONS!!! It is actually PowerPC code....
Huh, there's never been an OSX trojan before??
/me saw this earlier. me is sad

@Kerm: never

on a related, happier note, I finally got my XP skinned to at least look like a mac
ROFL, I did that in school long ago. Teh funny. Smile
Just because Macs are more secure doesn't mean they won't be targetted by virii eventually. IMHO, the # of virii is a function of number of users, not overall security.
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Just because Macs are more secure doesn't mean they won't be targetted by virii eventually. IMHO, the # of virii is a function of number of users, not overall security.

in yours and a majority of the worlds opinion, actually. Its a simple case of security through obscurity....
Yes, I have found the Macs at school to be quite insecure. For example, the email client has administrative priveleges, so to run a forbidden application, one only needs attach a file to a message, associate that file type with forbidden application, and then download the attachment.
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Yes, I have found the Macs at school to be quite insecure. For example, the email client has administrative priveleges, so to run a forbidden application, one only needs attach a file to a message, associate that file type with forbidden application, and then download the attachment.

well...another reason *nix (all veriants - including OS X and linux) has been so secure is because it has yet to be filled with the idiot grammy-and-her-dell mainstream users....common sense goes along way to making a comp more secure, apparantly your school doesn't fall into that category Laughing
That's good to know about the email trick...*cough* TI-Connect *cough*. Smile
Haha, I'm not that desparate, Kerm (unlike certain other people).
hey this could actually be of concern to me.. cuz next wekend i get a mac...Wink but its a g3.. can that run osx?
Jonathan_Pezzino wrote:
Haha, I'm not that desparate, Kerm (unlike certain other people).

Sad No making fun of the deprived guy. I'm getting a TPC from Ebay soon though.
patl411 wrote:
hey this could actually be of concern to me.. cuz next wekend I get a mac...Wink but its a g3.. can that run osx?

i have no idea, lol, but the trojan is powerPC code, so be careful anyway. just don't be an idiot and type in the admin password when a supposed PICTURE file asks for it, and you should be fine Laughing Rolling Eyes
ya who wouldnt realize that a picture dont need the admin pass to open.. u only need that when u r installin progs.. speakin of that i have [...been censored by Kerm] Wink
patl411 wrote:
hey this could actually be of concern to me.. cuz next wekend I get a mac...Wink but its a g3.. can that run osx?

yes it can. ours is running 10.3.9. sadly Tiger requires a g4, g5, or an Intel....
well in my house right now we have 1 of those.. we have 1 intel computer...and its too slo to do that...the rest r AMD.... i get the g3 on sunday...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours