Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I don't remember exactly what the Lua script does (or rather, does not) for this activity in particular (as I didn't write that one) but I guess you could always send a feedback email to TI, perhaps even including an improved version showing what you think could be better (for students, teacher, and/or both) ?
But anyway, remember that it shall be better on a educational point of view, at least Smile
adriweb wrote:
I don't remember exactly what the Lua script does (or rather, does not) for this activity in particular (as I didn't write that one) but I guess you could always send a feedback email to TI, perhaps even including an improved version showing what you think could be better (for students, teacher, and/or both) ?
But anyway, remember that it shall be better on a educational point of view, at least Smile
It's not that the parts using lua weren't well written or effective, its more so that the parts that didn't use lua could have. I don't like how they display images on a notespad when they would look so much better displayed using a quick insert script>drawImage. Also, I guess there could be some reasons for this, but i would have preferred a single tab with menus/UI rather than the page format, which gives it a less involving feel.

(I also like Kerm's overall graphics style, but that's besides the point Razz)
Electromagnet8 wrote:
Nice job on the program!
I noticed a few mistakes after a quick run of the program only.
Quote:
She explains, "we will..." (Page 10)

I believe that "we" should be capitalized.
I'm afraid it's grammatically correct as written.

Quote:
You did not include the "M" for .10 molar concentration for the HCl but you did for .20M NaOH. (Page 11)
The M was off the edge of the screen. I changed "contains" to "holds" and now it fits.

Quote:
Quote:
Phenolpthalein has been... (Page 11)

Phenolphthalein
Fixed!

Quote:
The user is unable to leave the pages before the simulations. The user must press F3, F4, or Enter. F1, F2, F5, 2ND, Clear, Left, or Right result in a syntax error.
This was due to a last-minute change that prevents the help from showing after you've begun the simulation. Nice catch.

Quote:
Quote:
...slowly administer bicarbonate...(Page 31)

sodium bicarbonate
I agree, but the TI-Nspire activity has that phrasing, and I'm following the original activity except when it's very clear to me that they've made a factual error. Smile

Thank you very much for your thorough testing.
Nice work Kerm! Very Happy Another successful port completed; way to go! Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Electromagnet8 wrote:
Nice job on the program!
I noticed a few mistakes after a quick run of the program only.
Quote:
She explains, "we will..." (Page 10)

I believe that "we" should be capitalized.
I'm afraid it's grammatically correct as written.

For once, I have to disagree. The dialogue is a complete sentence. Therefore, by the rules of Purdue OWL, the first letter should be capitalized. Also, it is capitalized in the TI-Nspire activity.
KermMartian wrote:
Electromagnet wrote:
Quote:
...slowly administer bicarbonate...(Page 31)

sodium bicarbonate
I agree, but the TI-Nspire activity has that phrasing, and I'm following the original activity except when it's very clear to me that they've made a factual error. Smile

Alright. I believe that they are two different chemicals.

Nevertheless, congratulations on another port!
Electromagnet8 wrote:
For once, I have to disagree. The dialogue is a complete sentence. Therefore, by the rules of Purdue OWL, the first letter should be capitalized. Also, it is capitalized in the TI-Nspire activity.
Thanks for backing that up with two sources. I have gone ahead and made that change.

Electromagnet wrote:
Alright. I believe that they are two different chemicals.
You're right, so even though the original activity just says "bicarbonate" (HCO3 ?), I changed mine to say "sodium bicarbonate" and adjusted a little bit of the wording on that page to make it fit properly.

Quote:
Nevertheless, congratulations on another port!
Many thanks! I'm looking forward to doing a little final testing today and releasing this.
Quote:
You should see
the Zombie Apocalypse I title screen.


I thought we were on II? :p (From the student pdf, via sending files)

If we have a way of seeing how much RAM a calculator has free, that might be good. I had just over 8k, I made it partially way through and it died because of out of RAM.

First simulation, PH starts at 1.0, then goes to 1.5, then 1.10, 1.15.. Same thing when it makes it to 2.

Going into second drip simulation, it says press Enter. If one presses the right key, it skips the drip test and goes to the graph.

Was there supposed to be a Prion animation in the monitor? I didn't get one.

Otherwise, everything else seemed to work out.
tifreak8x wrote:
Quote:
You should see
the Zombie Apocalypse I title screen.


I thought we were on II? :p (From the student pdf, via sending files)
Nice catch.

Quote:
If we have a way of seeing how much RAM a calculator has free, that might be good. I had just over 8k, I made it partially way through and it died because of out of RAM.
Unfortunately, there's no easy way to check. I will add a note to the two PDFs about how much RAM free you need and how to get that RAM to be free, though.

Quote:
First simulation, PH starts at 1.0, then goes to 1.5, then 1.10, 1.15.. Same thing when it makes it to 2.
Darn, hoist by my own decimal-rendering code. Very nice catch noticing that.

Quote:
Going into second drip simulation, it says press Enter. If one presses the right key, it skips the drip test and goes to the graph.
That's correct behavior. You can then press [left] to return to the simulation, advance it a bit, check the graph, go back to the sim, etc.

Quote:
Was there supposed to be a Prion animation in the monitor? I didn't get one.
It was supposed to change from the folded protein to an unfolded protein around 14mL.

Quote:
Otherwise, everything else seemed to work out.
I greatly, greatly appreciate your testing. Smile
*bump* This activity has been completed and released. See STEM Behind Hollywood: Zombie Apocalypse Part 2 (TI-84+CSE) to download the finished activity. I'd also appreciate any comments or feedback on the activity.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement