Hello. I've been having a few difficulties while graphing on my TI-84+ Silver Edition. I cannot graph more than one Y= equation at a time. If I have...

Code:

\Y1=sin(X)
\Y2=cos(X)

... I can only highlight one equal sign at a time.

It used to graph more than one, and I can't find any configuration differences between mine and other 84s.

Does anyone have any ideas on what my problem could be?

-Note: OS v 2.21
Have you tried archiving everything and doing a RAM Reset??
No no, wait, this sounds familiar. Try these steps:
1. Press [MODE], and ensure that the following are highlighted (white on black): Func; Connected
2. Press [Y=], and make sure Plot1, Plot2, and Plot3 are all black on white (normal text)
3. Ensure that the symbol next to each Y= is a backslash, as you indicated in the diagram.
Let me know what happens after you do this.
Everything was/is just like you said, Kerm.

I had my trig/computer science teacher look at it, and we even went through an 84+ manual but we can't get it working.
Gah, I wish I had your calc with me, I expect it's some obscure setting. Well, then do this: [2nd][+][7][2][2]. That should repair it...
You should uprgrade your OS. I would recomend getting 2.30 (although TI no longer offers it) or 2.40. 2.40 is essentially the same thing, except an added feature that allows teachers to lock the calculator by turning it off and pressing left, right and ON. If you want 2.30 and can't find it, I can send it to you. Just provide your email. Clearing your ram should work though. If it doesn't the next best thing it to reinstall the OS anyways so you might want to upgrade it then.
You don't have to clear the whole RAM, just reset defaults, which is what my instructions do. Sad
make sure that the = sign next to each entered function is BLACK on WHITE (inverse text)
No, he was saying he is unable to do that; selecting one deselects all the others.
KermMartian wrote:
No, he was saying he is unable to do that; selecting one deselects all the others.

highlight =/= selecting Laughing
Highlight equal sign == select... Confused
KermMartian wrote:
Highlight equal sign == select... Confused

no, highlighting means placing your cursor on it. Selecting it means hitting [ENTER] when its highlighted Wink

@Foamy3: After entering all the equations to graph, try going to [2nd][catalog]->FnOn->[enter]
*sigh* You know what I meant. Sad
KermMartian wrote:
*sigh* You know what I meant. Sad

then say what you mean Razz
I doubt FnOn [all] will work, since he can't even get two highlighted.
KermMartian wrote:
I doubt FnOn [all] will work, since he can't even get two highlighted.

worth a try. Besides, its impossible to highlight two things when you only have one cursor Rolling Eyes
STFU NOOB! Plang Loel.
KermMartian wrote:
STFU NOOB! Plang Loel.

...did you just call me a NOOB?!?!?!? FLAME! FLAME!
ROFL Laughing
Shall we get back on-topic please? Smile
What is causing the problem is the Transofmation Graphing App, just run it and have it unistall itself and things should be good.

I don't know how many kids at school had that problem

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours