Flatforme is a 2D, single-screen based platformer in development for the TI-84+CSE. Platform your way to the Goal Coin and collect it! Fend off enemies who will happily stop your progress.

(After I made this screenshot, I added the level editor! In the main menu, select the option "Add" to get to the level editor menu.

►Todo:
*Level design
*More enemy AI (?)
*More puzzles than just "grab the thing" (?)
*More abilities (?)

►Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9fgqtet4dnftok/flatforme.zip?dl=0
I'm still tweaking the levels. Please report any bugs you find!
That looks really nice already! It's great to see new stuff being made for the CSE (even if I don't actually own one Razz). It looks pretty fast too, which is great considering it's on the CSE.
Spyro543 wrote:
That looks really nice already! It's great to see new stuff being made for the CSE (even if I don't actually own one Razz). It looks pretty fast too, which is great considering it's on the CSE.

Thanks! Smile Speed is my main priorities, over size. But as I reduce the amount of code run, to make it faster, it also reduces the size.
Wow I really love the way the "O" contracts to an "o" before it jumps. Its a really great effect!
Cool to see you have started up another project.
More obstacles/landscape? Smile
APotato wrote:
Wow I really love the way the "O" contracts to an "o" before it jumps.

This feature is pretty sweet! Smile Great work so far, it's looking really nice! Smile

EDIT: Oh wait, when it turns into a theta, what does that mean? It it a sword of some type? Smile
APotato wrote:
Wow I really love the way the "O" contracts to an "o" before it jumps. Its a really great effect!
Cool to see you have started up another project.
More obstacles/landscape? Smile

Yeah, that's my plan.

MateoConLechuga wrote:
APotato wrote:
Wow I really love the way the "O" contracts to an "o" before it jumps.

This feature is pretty sweet! Smile Great work so far, it's looking really nice! Smile

EDIT: Oh wait, when it turns into a theta, what does that mean? It it a sword of some type? Smile

That means that you're in the "run" mode. You can still do everything you could in "walk" mode, but you're faster. It doesn't work in the air.
I'm trying to make an FPS counter, and the variable that holds chkTmr always is a huge number. I'm confused :S
123outerme wrote:
I'm trying to make an FPS counter, and the variable that holds chkTmr always is a huge number. I'm confused :S
That's reasonable. The thing you want to do is subtract one chkTmr value from another. Can you show us a sample of your code?

Code:
startTmr->X
Repeat (arguments that don't matter)
N+1->N
checkTmr(X)/N
Text(0,150,Ans
End
123outerme wrote:

Code:
startTmr->X
Repeat (arguments that don't matter)
N+1->N
checkTmr(X)/N
Text(0,150,Ans
End

Seems to me like you want to check the timer after every second, not every frame. So, as I was saying in IRC, using your variables you could do something like this:

Code:
While 1
0->N
startTmr->A
While 1-checkTmr(A
N+1->N
....(Other code)
End
Text(0,150,N
End

Hope this helps! Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Seems to me like you want to check the timer after every second, not every frame. So, as I was saying in IRC, using your variables you could do something like this:

Code:
While 1
0->N
startTmr->A
While 1-checkTmr(A
N+1->N
....(Other code)
End
Text(0,150,N
End

Hope this helps! Smile

Thanks! It did help. Smile

Edit: If anyone wants to know, Text( <-> Line( numbers:

Code:
165-Y-18 (to put the text on top of the line)
165-Y-2 (to overlap the line with the first row of the text's pixels)
int(165(Ymax-Y)/(Ymax-Ymin)) (Kerm's infinitely better but more variable-y way)
The X variables don't need any math. They are equal.
I've been working on a lot of stuff, like the ability to place platforms wherever you want, not just on the left side. I also added color scheming and started on making levels.

(Level 3.1 doesn't have it's own level yet, so it's using Level 1.1's data)
What does the home screen look like?
What would be cool is if the select levels screen was like a level. Like you jump around to get to 1 2 3 and so on.
APotato wrote:
What does the home screen look like?
What would be cool is if the select levels screen was like a level. Like you jump around to get to 1 2 3 and so on.

I haven't made the menus yet, but that sounds really cool! Would it be similar to this?

If so, I should do that!
Yeah thats the idea!
Also where does the "e" come from in flatforme?
APotato wrote:
Yeah thats the idea!
Also where does the "e" come from in flatforme?

The name comes from flat (aka 2D), platformer, and forme, the old English spelling of form. It is a flat forme of a platformer. That and it sounds cool.
Ok for the new version:
Its hard to get the hang of at first.
The jumping is pretty hard. Changing the momentum of the jump is a little difficult, especially when jumping from platform to finish.
APotato wrote:
Ok for the new version:
Its hard to get the hang of at first.
The jumping is pretty hard. Changing the momentum of the jump is a little difficult, especially when jumping from platform to finish.

Thanks for the feedback! In the readme it tells you that the momentum can be changed when you are the small "o". If you press left or right immediately after you see it, it will work 100% of the time.
Very nifty, 123outerme! Smile
Very nice, I do like how the maps are able to change and enemies re spawn. Keep up the good work! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours