Everyone, good news...I'm making another project! Very Happy

As of now, this is only a demo. This is BY NO MEANS a complete game. This is simply meant to prove to myself something I couldn't program on a calc a year ago is indeed possible to program. I shall continue this in the coming weeks

As of now, you use the arrow keys to move the cursor, and ENTER to click. Only clicking on the cookie does anything for now. Once you click on the cookie, you get another cookie. Cookies per second are implemented, but until buying and selling buildings is complete, are disabled.

Screenie for your viewing pleasure:

Source file and program file available for download. Uses an axiom (only needed for compiling). Tell me what you think so far!
Neat! I do think this will be a huge advantage over all of the slower Basic versions! Good luck, and it looks quite nice right now. Smile
JWinslow23 wrote:
Everyone, good news...I'm making another project! Very Happy

As of now, this is only a demo. This is BY NO MEANS a complete game. This is simply meant to prove to myself something I couldn't program on a calc a year ago is indeed possible to program. I shall continue this in the coming weeks

As of now, you use the arrow keys to move the cursor, and ENTER to click. Only clicking on the cookie does anything for now. Once you click on the cookie, you get another cookie. Cookies per second are implemented, but until buying and selling buildings is complete, are disabled.

Screenie for your viewing pleasure:

Source file and program file available for download. Uses an axiom (only needed for compiling). Tell me what you think so far!

I hope you didn't steal that cursor sprite from DCS without Kerm's permission
Moreover, I hope you're using the Doors CS GUI API! It would make anything mouse-related extremely easy, and has an Axe Axiom made by matref so you can easily use it.
I have to say, if this came out, it would be absolutely atrocious for any sort of productivity I might try for in any math class that requires a calculator.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Neat! I do think this will be a huge advantage over all of the slower Basic versions! Good luck, and it looks quite nice right now. Smile

Thanks!
KermMartian wrote:
Moreover, I hope you're using the Doors CS GUI API! It would make anything mouse-related extremely easy, and has an Axe Axiom made by matref so you can easily use it.

I tried figuring it out for making this game a year ago, and for the life of me, I couldn't. This is my own code (except for the mouse sprite, which is yours...sorry, can't come up with anything better :/ ).

EDIT: Making progress, and now figuring out how to change prices.
Bump.

Now you can buy and sell buildings! Press the left and right "buttons" to cycle through the buildings. Press the BUY and SELL "buttons" to buy and sell buildings.

Screenie:

Source and program file available for download. Uses an axiom (only required for compiling). Please test and tell me what you think!
Looking great! Seems to me that you have got the design of it down quite nicely. Keep up the good work! Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Looking great! Seems to me that you have got the design of it down quite nicely. Keep up the good work! Smile

Thanks!

I'm going to release a new version within a few days. It will include a news ticker, with some news based on your cookie amount, some based on your buildings, and still others just for kicks.
Christmas bump.

Major update: Now it's a finished game! I'm not sure I even have ROOM for more features Razz .

Same controls and stuff as the previous version. It also saves your game when you quit.

Screenie:

Source files and app available for download. Uses an axiom (only needed for compiling). Tell me what you think!
Bump.

"What took you so long?" Now, now, imaginary angry mob with torches and pitchforks, it's finally here. The final version of my game (unless I get some sort of kick in the pants to actually start to implement golden cookies).

I've added some new stuff, such as a way to disable grayscale with ALPHA, a "delete savegame" function with DEL, an alternate click button (use 2nd or ENTER), and some more entertaining news stories.

As usual, a screenie:

Source files and app attached (RabbitSign said it signed, is it coming out fine on your end?). Uses an axiom (used only for compiling).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours