Hey, I need some quick pranks that I can pull on one of my friend's calculator. I need to be able to do them in less than a minute while they are gone. Some that I've already done are rapidly pressing [2nd] and the down key until you can't see the screen, the trick where you write a program that makes all answers wrong, and going into the teacher screen thing (Left, Right, and On all held when it is off) and disabling all apps/programs. Anybody have any other good ones?
I have a couple of programs, one looks like the calc crashes, messes up the math, and one that gives you an error every time you do somthing... I should upload them.
I'm sure you can make all kinds of exciting stuff with DCS7...
Personally, I think that there is a much better way to use your time on a calculator. instead of trying to prank others, you should use your TI-Basic skills to make useful things, either those that will help you in that class, or games, like me.

That being said, I think the best way to drive someone nuts is to have a program that emulates the TIOS, but at a very slow speed. it should also occasionally change the answer, but not enough to be noticable. Ill let it be up to you on how to write that.
Luxen wrote:
Personally, I think that there is a much better way to use your time on a calculator. instead of trying to prank others, you should use your TI-Basic skills to make useful things, either those that will help you in that class, or games, like me.

That being said, I think the best way to drive someone nuts is to have a program that emulates the TIOS, but at a very slow speed. it should also occasionally change the answer, but not enough to be noticable. Ill let it be up to you on how to write that.

Yeah, I do a lot of things with SC3, but while I was in the restroom, they deleted it, and I need my revenge. Razz

What you said sounds awesome!
did you ignore the first part of my message? also, never leave stuff on your computer while others are around. always save. if its your own computer, i also suggest locking it (windows: WinKey+L).

for what the others did, i see no reason to justify pranking them in such a trivial way.
Yeah, I agree with Luxen, programming can help so much if you use it right. Sure, pulling a couple pranks is fun, and I've done a few myself (but then, most of us have). I'll show you one that I'm quite fond of, but that's it. So,

Code:
ClrHome
27→dim(ʟ1
Repeat 0
SortA(ʟ1
End

This is great, as it gets deleted in the end, so it's impossible to see how it was done. This is a bit more malevolent than other BASIC programs, so uase it in times of great anger only. And remember, programming is your friend!
Let's not forget that OS 2.71MP exists. I'm not sure where to get it, however.
CVSoft wrote:

Is 2.7.1MP an un-released OS updast from our friends (or foes) at Texas Instruments?
willwac wrote:
CVSoft wrote:

Is 2.7.1MP an un-released OS updast from our friends (or foes) at Texas Instruments?
It's a hacked OS that adds things like slowdown and random crashes.
If they don't have a lot of things on their calc, a prank you can do is save all their programs in an archived group (or several of them if they don't fit in one) then delete the real ones. I scared some of my friends with that Razz
willwac wrote:
CVSoft wrote:

It was an april fools joke from 2011. There was an actual copy of the OS existing on that day, though (I bet it still exists but I don't know where it might be available).

That "OS" introduced the following issues:
-Flash APPs larger than 2 pages (most 3rd-party APPs) gave ERR:INVALID
-Asm(), AsmComp() and AsmPrgm commands got removed
-Massive slowdown on Output()/Disp commands
-Output() no longer worked on the 8th row of text (kinda like on Casio calcs)
-Lots of random crashes (on about 1% of each keypress)
-Some hooks no longer worked (I forgot which, since ThePenguin77 made the OS)
-Splash screen included TI-Nspire CX ads

Basically, it pretty much blocked every calculator game I ever made (and most other Omnimaga releases).
if you're doing trigonometry, change the mode from degrees to Radians (or vice versa, depending on the course.
Eightx84 wrote:
if you're doing trigonometry, change the mode from degrees to Radians (or vice versa, depending on the course.

This one could be quite harmful, in my personal opinion. Although it would be interesting to see the look on their face when they are halfway through a test and realize that every single problem is wrong...
That's why you should always postfix any entries with r or the degree sign in your programs. It converts for you when necessary.
willrandship wrote:
That's why you should always postfix any entries with r or the degree sign in your programs. It converts for you when necessary.

Ah. That would be a good idea. I also think that not letting other people touch your calculator could be another one. Smile
willrandship wrote:

I always do that. There are few cases that I can think of that radian and degree mode would return almost the same answer. Most of the time you can usually tell if it's not in the right mode.
Create a calculator program (first post on the link) so they can't use advanced functions.
http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1950&start=800
Hahah oh man these pranks are super not funny at all.
I remember from a few years ago someone in my school with a TI-83 Plus make a virus program called quad in TI-Basic. It has a whole installing quad virus thing and when it was done installing, when you entered for example 2 + 2, it gave you a random answer. To exit the quad virus, you press 2nd+Mode. I don't know where that boy is but he's probably such a big genius making such a complex program for an 8th grader. I don't know what became of that program. Last thing I heard about it was that it was accidentally deleted. I think i'll look all over the place for the boy who did it and congratulate him for making such a complex program. Maybe I could be very good friends with him and hopefully he knows ASM so he could help me with my WizardC8 ASM program. What a shame that I couldn't get it on my calculator on time because it was a TI-83 Plus and he didn't have the wire at the right place at the right time.

Code:
ClrHome
While 1
Input "",Str1
Disp randInt(-99,99
End

Super complex... Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours