Well, I was trying to decide whether or not to enter this contest when I found a cool idea for a game that would not be that hard to program. (I was thinking about not participating due to my insufficient coding skills.)
But, here I am.
So, this game is all about your catnip transporter and what you have to do after you are attacked. You will have to gather a bunch of catnip within a certain time limit.
I have sort of started the code.
So, that is about it.
Oh, there will be no explicitly cool sprites and it will be coded in BASIC. Razz

Edit: Oops, I forgot to mention that this in the future and the transporter is transporting catnip to the planet Catia.
Good luck with your contest entry! It sounds like you have a good idea, and I'm glad you're challenging yourself to enter despite being a relative beginner. I personally think programming contests are a great opportunity for programmers of any experience and skill level to hone their craft, so I hope it's a learning experience for you.
Why is sourcecoder not exporting files correctly for me? They won't run on jstified or on my calculator. I have been having to write the whole program on my calculator, and there is a huge story line.
Update: I almost have my timer all set up, and I have the basis of the game about a quarter of the way done.
Ugh, the timer won't work. Oh well, I guess i am going to have to get rid of the timed aspect. I am going to have to rethink this.
Unicorn wrote:
Ugh, the timer won't work. Oh well, I guess i am going to have to get rid of the timed aspect. I am going to have to rethink this.

That's unfortunate... I wish that help could be offered, but this is a contest after all... Perhaps later an explanation? Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

That's unfortunate... I wish that help could be offered, but this is a contest after all... Perhaps later an explanation? Smile

I will ask about the timer after the contest is over.

Question about the contest:
When I submit the entry, will it be submitted to the file archives?
Saved!
I remembered that variables could be used to make a timer! Yay! Very Happy
Though, it is not as smooth and nice as I wanted it to be. Sad
Unicorn wrote:
[Question about the contest:
When I submit the entry, will it be submitted to the file archives?
Yes, as stated in the contest rules, all completed entries must be submitted as uploads to the Archives before the deadline. You can submit your entry multiple times, but the last version submitted before the deadline will be the one that we grade.
If you mean accepted to the file archives, they will not be released without your permission.
First screenshot! Very Happy

I hope to change it to the graph screen to make it more "spacey"
This seems pretty fun! Can you explain what is happening when bits of the screen re-populate with the * characters? Is catnip growing back?
elfprince13 wrote:
This seems pretty fun! Can you explain what is happening when bits of the screen re-populate with the * characters? Is catnip growing back?

The catnip is leaking from the transport ship. I think I explained most of the storyline in the first post.
I've spent the whole day changing all of the text and everything to the graph screen. It needs some work, but I like it better.
I added the option to play it on the graph screen or on the home screen.
I liked those xlib and Celtic libs!
Last screenshots:

Looks alright. But how does this relate to space?
SirLagsalot wrote:
The catnip is continually leaking from the transport ship into space, if I understand it correctly, and you're on a spacewalk to recover the leaked catnip.
KermMartian wrote:
SirLagsalot wrote:
The catnip is continually leaking from the transport ship into space, if I understand it correctly, and you're on a spacewalk to recover the leaked catnip.

Yes Kerm, you are correct. Again, how to I tell you if I want the program I the archives?
It has come to my attention that Cat Nipper is plagiarized from Lawn Mower by Droffig12. I'm very disappointed to find that you plagiarized this game from another programmer, and I'm retroactively disqualifying it from Cemetech Contest #13. The author of Lawn Mower has asked for your copy of his game to be removed from the Archives; do you have any response to the claims of plagiarization before I proceed?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours