Yeah, I'm starting this, going to attempt to follow through.

I currently have:

Code:
.NOLIST
#INCLUDE "ti83plus.inc"
#DEFINE  ProgStart    $9D95
.LIST
.ORG    ProgStart - 2
.DB     t2ByteTok, tAsmCmp
    b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
    LD      HL, 0
    LD      (PenCol), HL
   LD      HL, msg
    b_call(_PutS)        ; Display the text
    b_call(_NewLine)
    RET
msg:
    .DB "TI-Freak Learns!", 0

.END
.END

This compiles and runs and displays and hooray.

Now I need to figure out where to take this next.
Yay, hooray! Clearly you're working with the monochrome calculators for now; it that your plan for the time being? Actually, that code, while functional, has a few mistakes, something we've fixed in the upcoming ASM in 28 Days. Specifically, ASM in 28 Days originally mixed pencol/penrow, which is for the graphscreen, with _PutS, which is for the homescreen. You can solve this one of two ways:
(1) Change Pencol to Curcol. Curcol and currow are the cursor coordinates for the homescreen, while pencol and penrow are the cursor coordinates for the graphscreen.
(2) Change _Puts to _VPuts, and remove the _Newline call. This would make the text display on the graphscreen.

Hope this helps. Smile
From what I'm gathering from yourself, geekboy, and other asm programmers, it would be easier if I get the concepts down on the monochrome first and then shifted gears over to the CSE.

And thanks for the information. I've tried accessing the newer version of asm in 28 days, but git stuff confuses me and I was unable to get at any of the pages. Would be nice if that stuff went live at Cemetech.net/asm28days/<page>

I will implement fixes to that and see what I get Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
Would be nice if that stuff went live at Cemetech.net/asm28days/<page>

This page exists: http://media.taricorp.net/83pa28d/lesson/toc.html
Specifically, you can see the corrected Hello, World code from the updated version at the following link:
http://media.taricorp.net/83pa28d/lesson/day01.html#creating-your-first-program

Code:
.NOLIST
#INCLUDE "ti83plus.inc"
.LIST
.ORG    ProgStart - 2
    b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
    LD      HL, 0
    LD      (CurCol), HL
   LD      HL, 6
   LD      (CurRow), HL
   LD      HL, msg
    b_call(_PutS)        ; Display the text
    b_call(_NewLine)
    RET
msg:

.END
.END

I played around with CurRow for fun, I'll see about making it work on the graphscreen tomorrow, something something sleep.

Need to figure out where to take it from here.
Woo have fun, learning ASM is a blast Smile Plenty of people around to help, and it's very satisfying to get the hang of!
ASM is just the best! Good luck on your journey! Smile
Thanks guys Smile I'm looking forward to getting to my ASM project I want to work on. Very Happy

Code:
.NOLIST
#INCLUDE "ti83plus.inc"
.LIST
.ORG    ProgStart - 2
    b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
    LD      HL, 0
    LD      (PenCol), HL
   LD      HL, 6
   LD      (PenRow), HL
   LD      HL, msg
    b_call(_VPutS)        ; Display the text
    RET
msg:

.END
.END

Works well for graphscreen text \o/ Thanks for the heads up on that, Kerm!
Great! Just a note, though: remember that CurCol and CurRow are for the homescreen, and PenCol and PenRow are for the graphscreen. Smile
Right, right :< I was hurrying around when I did that, whoops! ^^; It shall be fixed! Very Happy
I'm also hosting a copy of Asm in 28 days: http://codinghobbit.no-ip.org/83Asm/welcome
Out of curiosity, what's the legality of all these people re-hosting ASM in 28 Days? I know this is not the topic for it, but I was surprised when I went to search for the tutorial to send the download link to someone, and the ticalc.org link was the third link. I'd make sure the license actually allows it to be re-published online arbitrarily. Smile
It's GFDL, so as long as the license information is retained it's fine. See also.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours