I was wondering if anyone heard of this virus: WORM_NETSKY.P????? This was in an attacthed document that I recieved via email today... The subject line is RE:text, and it was sent by alw3259@raex.com

According to McAffee, this virus is incurable...
I personaly may have had it on my computer that is in my family room dead waiting for someone to cure it(my brothers supposed to but he w ont, and he wont let me fix it Mad ), what are the simptoms? hope you did'nt catch the virus did you?

-Swivel
meh, worms are made/released every week. Whats new? (things like that just make me get all them warm and fuzzy feelings w/ my *nix Laughing )
I don't know about symptoms yet, I am researching it. And no, I did not catch it, hotmail will not let you download a file that will kill your comp...

Ok, here is what I found: http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=WORM_NETSKY.P

It seems to have been around for a while, though I have never heard of it...

http://srnmicro.com/virusinfo/latestvir.htm

That looks like a cool site... Smile It has all kinda info on virii...
Thats good. lol. Well, we have no idea what program killed our computer in the family room, but it slowly took over, it was slow for a while and then once you saw action it was fast downhill from there. One thing lead to another and from once it was visually and perfromancely taking over our computer was gone within 2days! the fastest I have ever seen. But the funny part was that it was a little while after we changed security companies, from Norton to Avast! it was quite interesting.

-Swivel
swivelgames wrote:
Thats good. lol. Well, we have no idea what program killed our computer in the family room, but it slowly took over, it was slow for a while and then once you saw action it was fast downhill from there. One thing lead to another and from once it was visually and perfromancely taking over our computer was gone within 2days! the fastest I have ever seen. But the funny part was that it was a little while after we changed security companies, from Norton to Avast! it was quite interesting.

-Swivel

That actually sounds like spyware, not a virus, to me. Do you have the proper antispyware software, ie a combo of Spybot S&D, AVG antispyware, and maybe MS Antispyware too.
Hey what distinguishes virus programs from other programs, besides the fact that viruses are bad? What's behind the virus's programming that allows it to do what it does?
Well, it's just that whoever makes it has a malicious intent.
KermMartian wrote:
Well, it's just that whoever makes it has a malicious intent.

no. what makes something a virus is that it self-replicates and self-distributes. THAT is a virus. A program with malicious intent can range from virus, to worm, to spyware/adware (although malicious intent is NOT a requirement for it to be a virus, just the self-replicate, self-distribute, self-executing part qualifies it as a virus. and Virus minus self-executing is a trojan)
Isn't there some way to prevent any virus from self-replicating?
LOL - if there were, there would be no such thing as virii. (Though I guess you could call it Linux!)
something1990 wrote:

yes, thats easy - don't let them run Wink
something1990 wrote:

Don't get the virus in the first place. Make sure your anti-virus and -spyware apps are up to date. Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours