Well, I guess I need to make a topic. I wasn't going to enter the contest due to lack of creative ideas, but I was playing around with making space-cat sprites, and I chose otherwise. Razz So my entry is CATylizm (CAT because cats and -izm because it's for PRIZM). I didn't want to do things similar to other contestants, but I figure mine is in a different CATegory , so it's okay if there are similar components.

The game is as follows: You're a cat in a spacesuit with a jet-pack. You have to fly through space collecting coins and space-mice (a mouse is worth 5 coins), but you have to dodge obstacles (which means there is a health bar involved). You also have a fuel tank that will run out, but you can pick up fuel tanks as you go. The object of the game is that you have to get as many coins as you can before your fuel runs out.

Also, I am hoping to add turbo boosts so that if you CATch one it will make you invincible and super fast for a short amount of time, but I will only add them if I can get everything else working first.

This will be written in PRIZM C.

Edit: Changed the name to CATylizm because original name is already being used. Razz
I can see this post being the CATalyst for a lot of CATchy puns.
This topic is very punny.
I am glad to hear that we will be having another prizm entry. The concept sounds very good.
What I've got so far:

Meow.
Looks purrfect Razz
Update:

Oooh, nice custom font! Are you using a static image for the GAME OVER text, or are you enlarging the font via an enlarging sprite display routine? Actually, are you even using a font at all, or are those all images?
KermMartian wrote:
Oooh, nice custom font! Are you using a static image for the GAME OVER text, or are you enlarging the font via an enlarging sprite display routine? Actually, are you even using a font at all, or are those all images?

Thanks! I based it off of a few 8-bit fonts I found online, and I had to draw each image individually. I used the nearest-neighbor sprite scaling routine that I used for cookie clicker to make it larger (and I actually understand how that routine works now that I've looked at it for a while). I also modified the custom font routine from my cookie clicker port to support N-bit sprites that I scaled with the scaled routine.
*BUMP*

Just entered it to the archives. Here's some screenies:

o.o

I wished my prizm worked.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours