I have already been planning the architecture of a new revision of the asymmetric engine for the Prizm to add in aggressive rendering optimizations and a task scheduler. Originally planned to use this along with an isometric tilemap renderer to make an RTS historically-based, however, given the theme of Space Cats:

Prizm of Cats (Otherwise would have been known as Prizm of Time, I may make a theme/map pack).

More details will be posted once the engine moves forward and I begin rendering. A lot of engine code needs to be revised and created to support this (including a locking mechanism)

<edit>

Tested for fx-CG10 OS version 1.04
Written in C, C++11, SH4a assembly.
Powered by:

Utilizes ld-prizm (https://github.com/AHelper/ld-prizm)

<edit>

Discontinued after bricking my prizm when accidentally running code in an invalid state (didn't deinit before re-init'ing my engine).
Depending on how much time gets taken up now that the winter quarter has begun and the time I would need to get all of the tools working, I may come out short for this contest. I'll try to get something completed, although it may not be the game type described above, something much simpler.
Todo before a build can be submitted:
  • Unit state machine
  • structure processing
  • sprites
  • Selecting single units
  • Group selecting units
  • AI
  • UI (basic and detailed)
  • Game rules/objectives
  • UI dialogs
  • Main menu
  • Play testing
  • Easter eggs
  • OS version testing
  • Code refactoring
  • Proper destruction
  • Documentation
  • Manual
LTS:
  • Fully animated sprites
  • Rendering speed optimizations
  • Possible WAN games
  • Procedural generated maps
  • Campaign maps
  • More game configuration (multiple faction slots/teams, rule tweeks)
  • Move PoC to a loadable mod
All commits to ld-prizm have not been pushed once the contest entry code started up. Hopefully these commits can be pushed to github once the contest deadline passes in order to continue work on ld-prizm and a Prizm shell.
Based on all the work you seemed to be doing on this from your occasional exclamations of alternating frustration and triumph in SAX, it seems that you put in a great deal of effort. I'm therefore very sorry that your Prizm got bricked, and I hope you'll consider continuing this project once you either get a new Prizm or find a way to unbrick your Prizm, even if the contest deadline has passed. It also seems like your efforts with libraries and ELF stuff will be beneficial to other programmers.
KermMartian wrote:
Based on all the work you seemed to be doing on this from your occasional exclamations of alternating frustration and triumph in SAX, it seems that you put in a great deal of effort. I'm therefore very sorry that your Prizm got bricked, and I hope you'll consider continuing this project once you either get a new Prizm or find a way to unbrick your Prizm, even if the contest deadline has passed. It also seems like your efforts with libraries and ELF stuff will be beneficial to other programmers.

I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new.

I love the RTS genre, and this is a very disheartening announcement on your part. I hope for our sake (and yours too Wink ) that you are able to repair the Prizm somehow.
Very sorry to hear about your Prizm - hope it can be mended or replaced. Is it out of warranty now?
Oh no! Surely there is some way to repair it? Again, I am sorry to hear that. A bricked calculator is just the worst...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours