One problem I've had a lot is when I want to look at a specific members profile but they're not logged in. When I go to do that I have to go to my profile then click the "memberlist" link in the top left corner. from there I have to switch it to sort by username. If I want to find someone with a Username starting with the letter "I", I have to keep pressing "Next" until I get to the "I"'s, and that takes a while.

I think it would be easier if there was just a memberlist link in "Tools" or something and you could use a search bar to find members.
I think these things would be a good development for the Website.
In the search box, just type username user profile and Google will find what you want. For example, searching KermMartian user profile will find mine.

Edit: To my surprise, that actually works quite poorly. I'm not sure what that's about...
You can also use: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=<username>

So for example: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=merthsoft

or

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=Stardust49

I get to this link by clicking on my name in the "Logged In" pane on the left:

And then replacing the number at the end with a username.
Usernames in the online list strip below the board index should be clickable IMHO, or at least the Welcome back link should be more visible (different color or bolded, for example). It took me until today to finally realize it was clickable.
Thanks, that's helpful to know but i still think it would be nice to have it the way i said it should be.
It's a round-a-bout way of doing this but you can start a new PM and use the "Find a Username" button, where you can use wildcards and everything. Or, you can bookmark this link.
Thanks, but bookmarking it won't be helpful because i work from school and bookmarks are deleted at log-off, along with any cookies.
I would normally save that link to a word document but that gets kind of tiring opening it up every time i want to go to that link.
Thanks for the help though, Smile
Stardust, have you tried (assuming school uses IE) dragging the link into a folder of yours? that should auto-create a URL shortcut file to the page you are on. store this on a flash drive (or your school accounts allocated file storage, if you have one).
Luxen wrote:
Stardust, have you tried (assuming school uses IE) dragging the link into a folder of yours? that should auto-create a URL shortcut file to the page you are on. store this on a flash drive (or your school accounts allocated file storage, if you have one).

That would be helpful for most of the time, but i would still have to find somebody's profile every time i wanted to see a new person. I could keep creating links to everyone but i think improved searching would be more helpful to everone. I will do that though, thanks.
How about a Cemetech voice assistant to make searching for members easier.
It's certainly possible, but speech recognition and processing requires more resources than the server can allot to such a function. You could create something computer side that breaks down the voice input into text then sends a request to the website, perhaps.

Stardust49 wrote:
Luxen wrote:

That would be helpful for most of the time, but i would still have to find somebody's profile every time i wanted to see a new person. I could keep creating links to everyone but i think improved searching would be more helpful to everone. I will do that though, thanks.

I think he was implying to drag the member search page to your folder on the schools network.
Ok, i understand saving the search members page but where did we come up talking about voice recogniton?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours