I'm looking for people who program for either the TI84 plus or the TI84 plusCSE and can create 3d games. I'm not smart enough to do it myself but I was wondering if someone could possibly create this game for me (it's actually a port of a game) and I will give them all the neccesary information about the game while also giving them enough leniency to make it interesting.
This game is not like a normal walk around 3d kind of game in the sense that this game moves block by block, making it much easier than most 3d games on the calculator.
If anyone is interested, I'll give them the information. I would love to have this game on the calculator.
I'm not sure anyone here has time to make a game for you, though we'd be more than happy to assist you in programming the game itself in terms of pointing out errors in code and things of that nature.
It all depends on what type of 3D it "supposedly" is. If it is isometric, it could be relatively easy. Pseudo 3D is not actually 3D in the true sense. In order to provide ideas, one would have to know what game this actually was. Smile

EDIT: I really want to take a guess: Is it Bloxorz?
If you are looking for something 3d, I would suggest something along the lines of the new kirby games, 3D background behind a 2D platform
MateoConLechuga wrote:
It all depends on what type of 3D it "supposedly" is. If it is isometric, it could be relatively easy. Pseudo 3D is not actually 3D in the true sense. In order to provide ideas, one would have to know what game this actually was. Smile

EDIT: I really want to take a guess: Is it Bloxorz?

It's not bloxorz, it's actually a game on the DS, it might be on the computer but i'm not sure. The movement isn't the look around kind of 3d. when you press forward you move forward to that block and to turn and look a different direction you press the left or right arrow keys. You can also move backwards.
the game is a fighting kind of game with enemy sprites. It basically uses turns to fight so you take a step and then all the enemies take a step or attack. you attack and all the enemies move or attack.
I would be very helpful if you were to tell us the game that you are hoping to port.
The game is called Orks and Elves. The storyline involves dwarves whose spirits are trapped eternally by some evil witch or something. you have a talking wand as your trusty companion and as you go throughout levels fighting orks and rats and spiders and things like that, you pick up mystical weapons along the way. you use this weapons together logically in the end to beat the boss and free the dwarves.
Umm... if it is looking like anything Google Images is pulling up, that is way too animated and graphical to be reasonable. Sad I am sorry.

However, if I was still into programming for the DS, then this would be quite an interesting challenge!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Umm... if it is looking like anything Google Images is pulling up, that is way to animated and graphical to be reasonable. Sad I am sorry.

[img]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTamYl9Kek6Rd01XO5Fso2GcnOvsv_D4cpQuhS4Rz7fIy43ybgQcQ:i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb105/Chozon1/OrcsandElves2.jpg[/img]
this is the one on the DS but a lot of the graphics can easily be taken out. most of it is just wall design and there are no more than 7 or 8 different normal enemies and 3 or 4 bosses. I'll explain the neccesary graphics because I have the game but as a said there will be some leniency.

Would it be helpful if i provided a more in depth document about the game and the required features before anyone decides to do anything? If anyone is interested in doing this for me than give me your email and i'll send you everything you need to know including some videos of the game on the DS. I just need to know if anybody is willing to give it a shot.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours