My entry for contest #13 is going to be an infi-runner called "Astro Cat". The goal of the game, keep running, and avoid the zombie/alien cats dropped by the spaceships. I will probably make the game more interesting by adding more enemy types, powerups, multiple playable characters, and more.

Screenies:

Any lasers?
APotato wrote:
Any lasers?

No, I am going to add other sorts of attacks though

New Screenie:

(added stars, fixed beam)
there are other changes, but not visible from the screenshots

and...you can be big
APotato wrote:
Any lasers?

Are you going to have a Nyan Cat easter egg?
comicIDIOT wrote:
APotato wrote:
Any lasers?

Are you going to have a Nyan Cat easter egg?

Wait and see Smile

New Screenie!
This is looking great! Can't wait to see how it ends up!
Title screen!
It looks like you've gotten very creative with this concept, ldstudios. Keep up the excellent work, and I hope you'll continue to show us screenshots as you progress on the project. How do you track the score, if there is one?
I think it's by meters or the gems.
I will probably change the space ship sprite because too many people have complained that it looked like a green hamburger.

KermMartian wrote:
It looks like you've gotten very creative with this concept, ldstudios. Keep up the excellent work, and I hope you'll continue to show us screenshots as you progress on the project. How do you track the score, if there is one?
Score is based on distance run (you can see in the top right of one of the screenshots "75m"

APotato wrote:
I think it's by meters or the gems.
Gems are used for unlocking new characters, but do not affect the score.
ldstudios wrote:

Wait is this zombie cat just going to fall into space?! Surprised
APotato wrote:
ldstudios wrote:

img

Wait is this zombie cat just going to fall into space?! Surprised
No, he is going to land on that platform...

Edit: New Screenie, character selection screen!
It looks great! Did you do the sprites yourself?
Ivoah wrote:
It looks great! Did you do the sprites yourself?

I used sprites on the internet for a base for a cat run cycle, but redid them almost completely.
Looks good ldstudios, I like the idea of multiple characters with different abilities. It should make the game very fun to play multiple times.
I'm just going to leave this link here.
Astrocat by Pixl
Hmm, never heard of Astrocat by Pixl. It's not bad. (And I assure you I didn't get the name from there)
On another note, I'm going to be submitting this entry in a few days!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours