My first contest whoooo Very Happy

Very simple game in BASIC. You are a cat in a space pod that "accidentally" got deployed. You have to gather as many stars as possible for the mothership experiments before time runs out. Gather over 200 (number subject to change) stars and there's an Easter egg Very Happy
I can't figure out how to get screenshots so those will come later
For screenshots, you can
1) Use an actual camera to take an actual photo of the actual screen (less preferred)
or
2) You can use an emulator like jsTIfied(more preferred) to take screenshots by using the built in feature. If you have not set up an emulator, you need a rom file of your calc model.
For both of these methods, use an image sharing website such as imgur to upload your images. Then use the img stuff in your post with a direct url to the image.

Good luck! Only 20 days left (or less)
This sounds really great. I look forward to the continued development and the eventual screenshots! As APotato said, jsTIfied is the best option. You can use a site such as imgur.com to host the screenshots.
I got Wabbit to work (thanks geeky)!!! Here's what you see first when you start the game:

I changed the number of stars to collect to 50 because as I was beta testing I managed to get about that much before the timer ran out so yeah.
This is part of the gameplay:

I won't show the end part to keep it a surprise but yeah this is what I have so far Very Happy I need to figure out why the bottom timer bar disappears every time I move.
Update #1:
I somehow moved the timer bar to the left side, then undid it when I was playing around with other ideas and it took me a whole day to figure out what I did to make it do that; but now it's on the left side and I'm trying to figure out how to make it an actual countdown timer instead of a count up. I also added a little display thing at the top and I'm going to work on obstacles too! Big plans Very Happy
For it to be a true easter egg, I wouldn't advertise that they need 50 stars. Do you plan to have different types of stars (different classes, Blue Dwarf, Red Giant, etc. Which also provide bonuses or perks?) I think it'd be cool if you could find a way to implement Binary Stars so collecting "one star" would net you two stars. Doing this plus putting more than one star on the screen at a time could be quite fun.
comicIDIOT wrote:
For it to be a true easter egg, I wouldn't advertise that they need 50 stars. Do you plan to have different types of stars (different classes, Blue Dwarf, Red Giant, etc. Which also provide bonuses or perks?) I think it'd be cool if you could find a way to implement Binary Stars so collecting "one star" would net you two stars. Doing this plus putting more than one star on the screen at a time could be quite fun.

That's a good idea. I kinda wanted there to be more of a goal than to just get stars over and over which is why I added the part about the 50 stars. I've tried implementing more objects on the screen, but everything I've tried makes the screen spazz out hardcore. I'll have to do more beta testing, but with finals tomorrow I might have to wait til Thursday to even start formulating more ideas. Thanks for the tips Very Happy
Update #2:
I actually managed to get more stars at once without it crashing! Not sure if it's efficient, but it works for now. Actually got work done even though I had finals this morning! Here's a screenshot of the game so far:

I upped the number you need to collect to get the surprise and I'm not telling you to what Very Happy

EDIT: Forgot to mention I'm probably going to change the words and describe the stars more (gotta do research Razz)
Update #3:
I got it to give the option of playing again after the timer goes off! I wanted to do that yesterday but we went to dinner for mamma's birthday so I didn't get time and I also had to look things up.

Next on the list: timer speed options. I'm going to try to figure out how to make a menu option where you can set the speed of the timer or go for an endless game. More on that later! I love how this is coming along; it's making me excited Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours