Lately, I have been working on Chaos- a puzzle/platformer for the ti nspire written in lua. The goal of the game is to beat every level by reaching the door at the end of the screen, but hidden spikes are everywhere, making it far more difficult than it might appear.. I plan on adding a full level set to the game (30ish levels), multiple difficulties levels, different playable characters, and a level editor with saving and loading.

Here's a video of my progress so far. (please excuse the laggy screen recorder)

I'll wait until the game is complete to upload it, but I'll post about its progress here.

Thank you.
This is looking pretty sweet! Are there things that you can collect, or is it just avoiding the obstacles? Sounds like it will be a fun project; Good Luck! Smile
This looks really nice, just wondering, would you mind if a made a similar game for the ti-84cse? This is a cool idea and I think it would make a nice cse game.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
This is looking pretty sweet! Are there things that you can collect, or is it just avoiding the obstacles? Sounds like it will be a fun project; Good Luck! Smile

Thanks! I don't think I'll add collectables, I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible.

zeldaking wrote:
This looks really nice, just wondering, would you mind if a made a similar game for the ti-84cse? This is a cool idea and I think it would make a nice cse game.

No, I wouldn't mind, as long as you give me credit. Are you thinking about making a different version of the same game, or just something on a similar idea?

I started working on sprites for the main character. I'm not sure yet whether I'll end up using them, or sticking to the square.
Here's what he would look like:

The biggest problem I have with it right now is that he's too small, but if he were any bigger, it would be extremely difficult to fit between close blocks. He's currently 7x10 (the square was 10x10). Let me know what you think.

EDIT: I think I'm going to stick with the square
I was thinking of making a game with similar idea, not the same game (:
zeldaking wrote:
I was thinking of making a game with similar idea, not the same game (:

Alright, either way is fine by me! Good luck and let me know how it goes!

EDIT: I added an intro!
I added a level editor! You can save/load up to 4 slots!
In addition, I added difficulty/graphics settings, a help menu, and a pause menu!

This project is very far along now, and I'll probably release it within a week or two. However, my calculator is currently broken, so I cannot test on calc for speeds. Does anyone have an nspire and would be willing to test this on calc for me?

EDIT: tested on calc by Ivoah and supposedly runs well!
Also, you can name custom levels!

Thanks
Time for the beta release! Please test and report any bugs/issues! I will make the final release in a few days! (Anyone who can beat it by then has insane skillz!)
Hopefully the speed will be good, but if it's too slow, there are some optimizations I can make to help it a bit.

>Download<
The grid is disabled in the upside down levels, and in the invisible levels the grid can be used to cheat
Ivoah wrote:
The grid is disabled in the upside down levels, and in the invisible levels the grid can be used to cheat

Should be the other way around, thanks for the heads up! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours