tifreak8x wrote:
Would it be possible to increase the size of the skin to match the size of the screen for the CSE? Or would that require reprogramming the button locations and all that? Only reason I'm asking is that I went to try to align menu options to buttons, forgetting there is a size difference between screen and skin :p
My current compromise is designed to make the best of an awkward situation. If I make the skin match the LCD size, then the skin will be too tall for people on many laptops and most desktops to see and use without scrolling. If I resize the screen to match the skin, then the screen will not have a 1:1 pixel mapping to the host machine, which could make things like pixel art very challenging. I might eventually consider an option to scale the screen down, but I admit it is low on my priorities.
I am trying to use justified on my ipad (i noticed you said it was compatible and am super excited). I uploaded my rom on my computer and it works great. I made the rom image and emailed it to myself and uploaded in safari and chrome on my ipad and it does not function. HELP!?
dhmcalli wrote:
I am trying to use justified on my ipad (i noticed you said it was compatible and am super excited). I uploaded my rom on my computer and it works great. I made the rom image and emailed it to myself and uploaded in safari and chrome on my ipad and it does not function. HELP!?
Welcome to Cemetech! I'm always happy to hear that teachers are using jsTIfied, especially if it helps you in class. What version of iOS do you have on your iPad? We're currently trying to track down possible issues we've heard of with iOS 7.
I have not yet installed ios8.1. I assume that means I have iOS7. It there anyway to make an ipad run an earlier version of iOS?
dhmcalli wrote:
I have not yet installed ios8.1. I assume that means I have iOS7. It there anyway to make an ipad run an earlier version of iOS?
I am not familiar with the process of downgrading, but I unfortunately am also not an iOS user. I'll keep you posted on my members' attempts to help me track down why jsTIfied is specifically misbehaving under iOS 7.
Unfortunately you can't downgrade, as Apple stops signing the OSes usually within a week of a new release. This has slowed down our debugging efforts somewhat as many of our previously-iOS 7 devices are now iOS 8.
dhmcalli wrote:
I made the rom image and emailed it to myself and uploaded in safari and chrome on my ipad and it does not function. HELP!?

Can you provide how you e-mailed it? What mail app did you use to send or was it through the browser? What app received the image on your device?
Alternately, if you have a Mac and are on iOS 7, you should be able to get the debugging information we need. Let us know if this is the case.
Hey KermM, as another way of preemptively stopping more posts. Can I suggest a size check of the ROM image? If the image isn't 1144 × 1161, reject it and state the image does not meet the size requirements. I feel like this would help because right now I'm trying to determine if the method used to transfer the image has resampled the ROM to a smaller size.
elfprince13 wrote:
Unfortunately you can't downgrade, as Apple stops signing the OSes usually within a week of a new release. This has slowed down our debugging efforts somewhat as many of our previously-iOS 7 devices are now iOS 8.

There is a website at http://iosindex.com/ios-firmware where you can get IOSes from IOS 8 to ISO 1. This website makes it so you can downgrade. Smile
Because you can download it doesn't mean you can downgrade. As elf said, Apple stops signing the old OS versions about a week later. You can't legitimately use any of the old iOS versions. And let's keep it here, we do not condone these sort of activities.
Ok, I understand now. I don't have a idevice but I bookmarked the site because it looked like a cool resource.
I emailed the rom image through my outlook email account. I will check the image size when I get to work on Monday. If the size is wrong how can i correct that?
So I presume you used the Outlook program on your computer and saved the image using the Outlook App on your iOS device? You didn't really answer the question, what apps did you use to send and receive the image? Not the account/email but the apps and programs.

If the image is the wrong size, you can send the ROM image over Dropbox. If you are using a Mac the Photo Stream in iPhoto also works. Just make sure both the computer and the iDevice are on the same iCloud account. Also take a look when you send the image, some mail apps resize the image to a more web friendly size (such as 480x640). Apple's mail apps do this, but you can override the resize and tell it to send larger or full size photos. Look for this option when sending the ROM image. The app receiving the image is not likely the culprit but it's a possibility.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours