Over the years, Cemetech has worked hard to recruit to the Cemetech staff individuals who have combined exemplary leadership in the community with superior programming and teaching skills. As our members and staff grow and mature, people's ability to dedicate time to the site necessarily changes, so we occasionally need to bring up some fresh blood to help us with the many day-to-day tasks that keep the community running. Over the last several years, Tim "Geekboy1011" Keller has acted as an Omnimaga administrator/owner, participated in Cemetech's efforts to show off Calculator Programming and Hacking at Maker Faire, been a driving force behind our weekly Have Calc, Will Program teleconference, worked on many excellent assembly projects, and been a great friend to boot. We are very happy to introduce Geekboy1011 as our new Community Liason and z80 Assembly Moderator. In the coming months, you will likely see Geekboy1011 taking on additional responsibilities at Cemetech. I hope you'll join me in welcoming Geekboy1011 officially to the Cemetech staff!

In other news, we have been discussing the topic for Cemetech Contest #13, and we hope to announce the contest officially soon. Although we don't have a final topic to present yet, we can say that the contest will be open to TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus/TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition (BASIC/Axe/ASM), TI-Nspire (Lua), and possibly Casio Prizm (C/BASIC) programmers. The prizes will include at least one TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition and one TI-Nspire CX donated by our generous anonymous benefactor, and will probably be supplemented further. The contest will likely run from next week until the end of December, and we're looking forward to having a particularly competitive field this year. If you have any ideas for contest topics beyond what has recently been discussed, please feel free to let us know.
KermMartian wrote:
...and possibly Casio Prizm (C/BASIC) programmers.

I hope so. Razz

As for suggestions for the topic, I don't have any. Is it going to be educational, or more of a fun/game type contest (based on topics already discussed)?
No C/C++ for the Nspire?
I like the whole cats idea Smile
Annywayy
Congrats Geekboy! Smile)))))
Woo Promotion.

And even better woo contest timeeeeeeeeeee! Yeaaah cant wait to attempt this one. Still feeling confident after the last Razz
Oh boy another crappy admin.
allynfolksjr wrote:
It's a good thing ticalc hasn't hired another in a while.
allynfolksjr wrote:
My thoughts exactly.
Woo. Finally another contest! I'm looking forward to more information.
Congrats to the promotion Geekboy ^.^
allynfolksjr wrote:

I'm glad you think so highly of me nikky <3 I'll make sure to try to live up to our censoring tardmuffin!
Congrats geekboy!
I worry for the future of Cemetech.
Overdue congrats to geekboy. By 'z80 Assembly Moderator', are you referring to the z80 Assembly subforum? If so, will geekboy join BrandonW, the existing moderator?

Also, of course, contest 13 bump. The week of Thanksgiving is essentially here, and after that brings busyness.

To add the the first post, the one thing not in the description for the contests is the focus on games. Restrictions such as type of game or a theme haven't been decided yet, unless this has changed.
AHelper wrote:
Overdue congrats to geekboy. By 'z80 Assembly Moderator', are you referring to the z80 Assembly subforum? If so, will geekboy join BrandonW, the existing moderator?
That is correct. I've been playing a little with how we maintain our moderator permissions, which is why his promotion hasn't actually appeared on the forum index yet.

Quote:
Also, of course, contest 13 bump. The week of Thanksgiving is essentially here, and after that brings busyness.

To add the the first post, the one thing not in the description for the contests is the focus on games. Restrictions such as type of game or a theme haven't been decided yet, unless this has changed.
Correct. We're planning to focus on games, but we'd probably like to narrow it down a bit further. To reiterate, the accepted platforms will be TI-83+/TI-84+/TI-84+CSE BASIC, Hybrid BASIC, ASM, and Axe, HP Prime PL (or do we call it BASIC?), TI-Nspire Lua (and BASIC, but I doubt anyone can write a fun game in TI-Nspire BASIC), and Casio Prizm BASIC and C.
The recognized term that I see is HPPL for the Prime. Any plans on grouping the many different types of entries? Group by speed of the language? (BASIC languages except the HPPL; Axe, HPPL, Lua; Asm, C, C++) Otherwise there would be a lot of separate categories.
AHelper wrote:
The recognized term that I see is HPPL for the Prime. Any plans on grouping the many different types of entries? Group by speed of the language? (BASIC languages except the HPPL; Axe, HPPL, Lua; Asm, C, C++) Otherwise there would be a lot of separate categories.
The plan is to grade all of the entries together. I believe our judges are sufficiently experienced as to be able to fairly evaluate the different amounts of effort required to make programs in different languages / for different platforms at this point. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours