Been working on this the past couple of days, not sure why, but hey it's fun.
I'm sure most, if not all of you have heard of 2048. If not, go Here
I'm trying to be as true to the original as possible in terms of colors

You can download it here:
http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1190
You'll also need DoorsCSE 8.1
Tiles go up to 8192, any tile beyond 8192 just shows up as 8192 so as not to cause an LCD panic or something.

Source is included with the download link, or alternatively on Github
I might be re-purposing the core of the game logic to make a monochrome version too, not sure yet.
There's a bug; in fact, your screenshot shows the bug. If you press the wrong movement key when the screen is full, such that no tiles combine in that direction, you get the Game Over screen. This is not correct. It should only be the end of the game when all four directions produce no combinations (which may also be phrased as "no tile is adjacent to a tile of the same value").
The bug appears to actually be that if you make a move that loses you the game, it doesn't display the results of that move before displaying the "Lose Game" screen. If you re-download now, that bug should be fixed.

EDIT:
For context, Kerm's post refers to an older screenshot which I have since changed
Unknownloner wrote:
The bug appears to actually be that if you make a move that loses you the game, it doesn't display the results of that move before displaying the "Lose Game" screen. If you re-download now, that bug should be fixed.
That was a quick fix; thanks for that. Smile

Quote:
I'll be posting the source for it when I'm done, for anyone interested.
Might I recommend that you just include the source in your download? Smile
Quote:
Might I recommend that you just include the source in your download? Smile

That's what I meant, I'm going to include it in the zip I upload.

EDIT:
I now support scores! Redownload for a version that counts and displays your score
Unknownloner wrote:
EDIT:
I now support scores! Redownload for a version that counts and displays your score
I gave it a test; it seems to work very nicely. I assume you're planning to spiff up that sidebar as well as display the high score under the current score?
Yes indeed, as well as a few other things to make it look nice. Also I'm going to add auto save I think, but no undo, that's just cheating :p
Unknownloner wrote:
Yes indeed, as well as a few other things to make it look nice. Also I'm going to add auto save I think, but no undo, that's just cheating :p
Good, I feel the same way. I think AHelper's friend got somewhere around 2^20, but he was using a version that had infinite undos, so it didn't really count. This game would earn my highest respect by not offering undos. Wink
Edited for privacy reasons.
I've added persistence to the game, so you can quit a game and continue later. Because of that, I also had to add a restart screen, so that exists now too. Oh, and this also includes the score counter. Here's a screenshot

EDIT:
Also, re-download from the download link for the updated stuff.

EDIT2: Submitted to archive queue!
Here's a more updated screenshot

It looks really nice, this is a perfect game for the 84+CSE, i'd like to see some more puzzle games come out for it as i think it's well suited for them and they look so pretty with all the colors Smile Nice work!
chickendude wrote:
It looks really nice, this is a perfect game for the 84+CSE, i'd like to see some more puzzle games come out for it as i think it's well suited for them and they look so pretty with all the colors Smile Nice work!
Agreed, puzzle games work well with the limitations of the LCD drawing speed, and UnknownLoner's 2048 is a perfect example of such puzzle games. Should someone be up to the challenge, ldstudio's Lime Rick project for the TI-Nspire makes me think this would be a good game for the TI-84+CSE. Heck, it could even be made pretty easily in Hybrid BASIC with xLIBC.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours