Hello everybody I am happy to introduce to you, Fiddle 3.2. Fiddle 3.2 is an Axe rewrite of Fiddle 3.0, which was originally written in basic and was fairly slow. The rewritten version features a slick ascii-based UI and a ti basic console built into the the shell, along with having some useful libraries for Axe. This rewrite does feature multitasking but the multitasking is glitchy so be ready for some API changes in the near future.

Code:

Axe API:

Vars:
R: [Boolean]  Runinng or not, if set to 0 it will exit the shell

M: [Int] Mode, this can be 1 for the desktop, 2 for the console gui, or other for a custom mode

X: [Int] Mouse X position

Y: [Int] Mouse Y position

C: [Int] If mouse down this tick "C" with be a number representing the button pressed, 1 for left click and 2 for right

Functions:

BLIB(func num, detokenized): this will run a function from the BLIB program and return a string with the output of the BLIB function. if detokenized is set to 0 it will return a string of tokens.

RPRGM(pointer): this runs the program that is pointed to

CMD(TI-BASIC_code): this will run the TI-BASIC code that is supplied. The code supplied should be a string of tokens not chars.

And there you have it guys Fiddle 3.2. Please leave feedback below. Thanks!
1. Finally, a screenshot!
2. Hopefully I won't have to send a ton of programs to my calc to experience this.
Nope only three, Fiddle, BLIB, and the installed programs file, "PRGMS"
When can this turn into one program?
it cant unfortunately, since I need a quick way for fiddle to know what programs are multitasking and when to run them. Also since axe's input routine sucks I need to use the TI-BASIC one for stability, for this i need to use BLIB. Buuuut... The programs are very small and the whole thing is less than 1.5Kb
Now... If only it wasn't in ASCII.
princetonlion.tibd wrote:
Now... If only it wasn't in ASCII.
This is not a constructive comment or post; Cemetech is about quality over quantity. Shape up or ship out.
!!!! Update !!!!

Fiddle 3.2

This Verson of fiddle now has an event driven API. It comes with a few programs: a paint program, a math program, and a track pad program.
the paint one is easy to use all you have to do is press 2nd to turn the brush off or on. The math program comes with instructions and all you have to do for the track pad program is slide your fnger across the buttons on the calc.

The Axe API has no new commands but the program structure is different. you can now programs in basic. Here's an example:

Code:

// e is the new event variable, it can be 1 for a key press, 2 if
//your switching to the console screen 4 if your exiting the shell and //3 if you're exiting a program
If m=1
then
output(1,1,"H")

if e=1 and c=1 and x=1 and y=1
then
ClrHome
output(4,3,"Hello World")
pause
end
end

[Axe example coming soon!]

Is something wrong with my copy of pokemon red?
I transferred it to my TI-84SE and when I play it, it starts me at a pokecenter in town #2 and I can't save, open options, open items, or look at player status. I can access my pokemon, but I can't do anything with it.
sabahat wrote:
Is something wrong with my copy of pokemon red?
I transferred it to my TI-84SE and when I play it, it starts me at a pokecenter in town #2 and I can't save, open options, open items, or look at player status. I can access my pokemon, but I can't do anything with it.

Firstly, hello and welcome to Cemetech.

Secondly, you seem to be posting this in a wildly incorrect thread. Might want to be careful of that in the future.

Thirdly, I'll answer anyways. It sounds like you've found Buckeye's Pokemon demo, which only features a small portion of the map, basic movement, and a few other engine features. It is certainly not playable as a game. For a playable Pokemon on an 84+SE, I'd suggest looking into something like Pokemon Topaz, a bit of a clone and a bit unque, or TI-Boy, a GameBoy emulator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours