Every summer, I start a topic here where people talk about what they want to get done that summer with programming, hardware, technology, school, and so on. The topic from this summer certainly helped keep me on-track, and I hope it helped the rest of you as well. I thought it might be fun to keep a year-round sort of To-Do topic, to help us all keep track of our many project ideas and how we're doing on them. I'll start us off.

Programming
:: Finish Graph3DC for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. I got stuck at the part where I needed to implement zooming in and out, converting between TI floats and 16-bit 8.8 fixed-point numbers with intelligent scaling, and inputting equations, but I hope it'll come back around on my queue soon.
:: Find the remaining CALCnet BASIC bugs on the non-TI-83+ calculators, test out Doors CS 7.3 with these fixes, and release.
:: Implement CALCnet and CALCnet BASIC on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition in Doors CSE, add at least a CopyBytes call to C2CSE, and release Doors CSE 8.2.
:: Port/Finish M-Game to/for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, alone or with others.
:: Write SimVille for the TI-84+CSE, alone or with others.
:: Make some kind of progess on the long-suffering SparseWorld project.

Education/Cemetech
:: Finish my ArduinoTILP library, including a demo that will let you press a button on the Arduino to control the calculator, and press a button on the calculator to control an LED.
:: Create a lesson plan teaching rudimentary programming and electronics using the TI-83+/TI-84+/TI-84+CSE and an Arduino, built around the ArduinoTILP library.
:: Create a series of 3-5 lesson plans, each for a ~45-minute class period, teaching basic (TI-BASIC) programming with "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" for a project I'm working on with our friends.
:: Port Zombie Apocalypse Part II to the TI-84+CSE
:: Port Science Friction to the TI-84+CSE
:: Port Body of Evidence to the TI-84+CSE
:: Finish resolving Contest #12 stuff
:: Start Contest #13 around mid-November

Electronics
:: Interface the CC3200 Launchpad generously provided by TI non-Education to a TI calculator and do cool stuff with it.
:: Experiment with the op-amp wrist-glove concept.

Books
:: Make a series of videos based on "Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" exerpting specific examples.
:: Find out what happened with my long-suffering Appendix D to "Programming"
:: Write proposal for new (non-calculator) book
This is too tiring to have as a topic. =(
In no particular order, things that I have started work on but need to find time to work on more. This doesn't include projects that I wouldn't call "finished" but am also not particularly interested in continuing work on right now. Things that are just names in quotes are currently non-public projects which some individuals might recognize anyway.

Software:
Hardware:
Other:
  • Contribute meaningfully to the Archive Team
  • Construct a hard-SF universe (world-building exercise because world-building for fiction is the best). TBH this is the sort of thing that has no end but I'd love time to work on it more.

I also have lists of things which I want to work on but haven't even started and things which I want to blog about at some point, but I'll omit those since they're not really in any state to discuss.
Hmmm, so somewhat-current goals and stuff:

Non-Programming/Hacking:

• Wedding stuff
  • Don't get out of shape over the winter break from frisbeeing.
  • Try NaNoWriMo-ing my sci-fi story (and buy Scrivener to financially motivate myself to stay on top of it).
  • Finish my Dragonriders of Pern inspired M.O.C. that I hope to submit Lego Ideas.
  • Record my Starcraft-themed parody songs.

Programming/Hacking:

• Work on the compiler for my research comps project
  • FreeBuild

• Do more work on a JSON-configurable graphics pipeline
    • Keep poking at CSSBox again to see about bypassing the Java2D rendering altogether and just using a pure OpenGL backend.
    • Get new recruits

• Finish my chemical formula balancer in TI-Basic
  • Force-feedback drivers for my USB GameCube controller adapter.
  • LDraw software-renderer:
    • Began Java implementation of scan-line rendering to make sure I understand algorithmic details
    • Hoping to port to TI-84+CSE.

• Continuing hacking on LDraw end of "SparseWorld" for my computer vision course.
  • Publish an iOS/Android game based on an interactive construction of an inequality prover in one of my advisor's papers.
  • NetLogo extensions + UI for better game-developing experience.
I have quite a hefty project list as well.

In no particular order.

Things
:: Led marquee powered by the spark core
:: Silverlink/GCN Clone
:: Omnimaga Update/Contest/Being an ninja Admin
:: Cadan/CSE
:: Unamed Rpg with iambian
:: ScoggerTi
:: WabbitEmu
:: N-Game for the CSE with Kerm Razz
:: Work on freebuild with Elfprince

Non Community Things
:: Enjoy my new job Very Happy
:: Get my drivers license
:: Hang out with Kerm more
:: Learn piano

There is probably more but off hand that is what I can think of. Lots todo, Never enough time for it Sad
If anything on that list that I want to get done it's N-Game for the CSE. That sounds wicked cool. Please do.
Haha me and Kerm are talking about it but its not high on either of our priority lists Razz
In no particular order:

(Calc) Programming:
*Update/release Wrench Utilities
*Continue to work on TImpire Earth
*Continue to learn ASM
*Work on making math program for STEM project
(Oh yeah, forgot to mention that my friend and I are programming our calcs for the sake of science)

Regular Stuff:
*Work on "empty data table" for STEM fair
*See if I can get a new iPod charger cable
*See if I can fix my 3DS's B Button, or see if I can get it fixed
geekboy1011 wrote:

:: Work on freebuild with Elfprince

Yes please Very Happy
In order of current priority:
► Finish up my Guide to Tokenization and 8xp generation
► Finish my Chord Trainer
► Finish my Magic: The Gathering deck builder for Windows 8.1
► Work on TokenIDE some more
► Work on my maze program so that it's at least a neat tech demo
In the programming world:
► Get FORTH compiler in a usable state
► Write a decently sized game/program in it (Doing this at the same time to figure out what I need to add and fix)
► optimize compiler/start on a new language

Outside of that it's kinda boring, I just have a few osu! song mappings I want to finish up. I'm thinking about having another go at making a text editor, but doing it in FORTH and just re-using my existing rendering code. Time is the enemy though as always, silly school work taking it up.
merthsoft wrote:
As you probably know, I am quite excited about both of those projects.

123outerme wrote:
*Work on making math program for STEM project
(Oh yeah, forgot to mention that my friend and I are programming our calcs for the sake of science)
I hope you'll share this with us! As you know, we continue to try to build more connections between calculator programming and STEM-teaching teachers.
Kerm, are you going to implement some of the BASIC third-party libs and/or the Doors CS7 lib functions, such as CopyBox?
Programming-Wise:
*Learn the DCS libs
*Finish reading Kerm's book
*Work on PotatoRPG
*Maybe try Grammar again
*Start z80
*Other stuff

Nonprogramming-Wise:
*Learn guitar
*Learn about circuits
*Buy a Raspberry Pi
*SCHOOL!
Short Term/High Priority:
Port FH1 to the TI86
Play around with getting my Ignition demo on the TI86 (which could be difficult, since it seems to be missing a string manipulation tool that I used on the TI8x)
Find out why my Spark Core never arrived (!)
Find out why Win8 failed to install
make a snazzy userbar for int0x10

Long term/Low priority/time consuming
work on FH2-GC, long suffering from my occasional winkings at getting it started
Get a full Ignition IILE working on KnightOS, since it has a real sdk now
work on a rock-paper-scissors game that uses Cn2B library
Retry programming in C; projects including:
*PC-Beep music box, reading songs from external file
*Port FH1 to PC (gonna need help with this one!)
*Ignition for PC (and this one)

Continuous/ongoing battles
Make more music, and make it better
come up with awesome game ideas that I likely will never find the time to make
find a way to get the time I need
In no order:

- Finish ancient calculator projects
- Design a good Cemetech member sign
- Finish the first wooden slide cover for a graphing calculator
- Finish Algebra
- Finish refurbishing the 5 extra computers I have laying around
- Play Minecraft less
- Get a job and pay off my car
- Learn a new programming language suitable for finishing my 2D Minecraft clone for Windows 9x

I notice a lot of "finish" this and that. :shame: Mainly I'd be happier if I managed my day in a more structured way, and spent more time learning new things.
Programming Stuffs:
1) Learn HTML
2) Get some quotes for Sisterbot out of my sister
3) Create a Hybrid-Basic program and get familiar with the DCS Libs

Non-Programming Thingy-majjigers
1) Finish mashing up Talent Show music with smooth transition and such
2) Finish intro for my youtube channel
3) Try drinking coffee
4) Figure out how Hexchat works and stuff like that
I realized I hadn't updated this thread in a while, so here's the new state of my unboundedly-growing to-do list:

Programming
:: Finish Graph3DC for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. I got stuck at the part where I needed to implement zooming in and out, converting between TI floats and 16-bit 8.8 fixed-point numbers with intelligent scaling, and inputting equations, but I hope it'll come back around on my queue soon. No new updates here
:: Find the remaining CALCnet BASIC bugs on the non-TI-83+ calculators, test out Doors CS 7.3 with these fixes, and release. No new updates here
:: Implement CALCnet and CALCnet BASIC on the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition in Doors CSE, add at least a CopyBytes call to C2CSE, and release Doors CSE 8.2. No new updates here
:: Port/Finish M-Game to/for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, alone or with others. UnknownLoner, geekboy, and I started this project!
:: Write SimVille for the TI-84+CSE, alone or with others. No new updates here
:: Make some kind of progess on the long-suffering SparseWorld project. Toyed with additional ways to get buildings, no progress.

Education/Cemetech
:: Finish my ArduinoTILP library, including a demo that will let you press a button on the Arduino to control the calculator, and press a button on the calculator to control an LED. Renamed to ArTICL; a lot of demos made and released, including ArTICam.
:: Create a lesson plan teaching rudimentary programming and electronics using the TI-83+/TI-84+/TI-84+CSE and an Arduino, built around the ArduinoTILP library. Still in the planning stages.
:: Create a series of 3-5 lesson plans, each for a ~45-minute class period, teaching basic (TI-BASIC) programming with "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" for a project I'm working on with our friends. Still in the planning stages.
:: Port Zombie Apocalypse Part II to the TI-84+CSE In progress
:: Port Science Friction to the TI-84+CSE Not yet begun
:: Port Body of Evidence to the TI-84+CSE Only screenshots from Nspire activity taken so far
:: Finish resolving Contest #12 stuff Done! All prizes have long since reached their destinations
:: Start Contest #13 around mid-November Underway! Grading is coming soon

Electronics
:: Interface the CC3200 Launchpad generously provided by TI non-Education to a TI calculator and do cool stuff with it. Not yet begun
:: Experiment with the op-amp wrist-glove concept. Indefinitely on hold

Books
:: Make a series of videos based on "Using the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" exerpting specific examples. Nope.
:: Find out what happened with my long-suffering Appendix D to "Programming" Nope.
:: Write proposal for new (non-calculator) book Nope.

Here's what else is new:
:: Started playing with 3D printing with my new XYZ Da Vinci 1.0 printer. Exploring basic printing with different qualities and settings with ABS plastic. Testing out durability, quality, and longevity of acrylic paint on ABS. Exploring 3D modelling programs. Planning to upgrade printer to Repetier firmware soon.
:: Started creating the TI-87 calculator, a mish-mash of several unfinished projects like the Red Edition and the Ultimate Calculator 3
:: Continuing to try to get around to practicing the guitar
Programming Stuff

1) Finish WizardC8
2) Figure out of ASM can indeed be cross-compatible with the TI 83 Plus/SE/TI 84 Plus/SE/CSE
3) Learn x86 ASM or C or Web Programming
4) Siddur

Non-Programming Stuff

1) Make more friends
2) Help make Windows 10 better
If I were to release 1 calculator game per year with the ideas/games that I'd like to make, I've got enough to keep me going to 2023 and well beyond Razz Who even knows what TI calculator(s) will be predominant by then, so plans could change. Also, there's whether or not I keep up with 1 game per year, given that I keep myself busy with other things such as beating things with sticks and jumping out of light aircraft on a regular basis.

Anyhow, much current short term calc to-do list is as follows:

+ Finish and release AB5 v2.0 (83+/84+ flash app), should be first quarter of 2015.
+ Start work on a new 84CSE game, which will be a genre / style of play that I've not tried before, although essentially it is an RPG. I would hope to release this in 2016, and it would be a multi-page flash app. This is still only in the very early conception stages.
+ Failing the above unnamed 84CSE game, I have 2-3 backup plans/ideas for the 84CSE. Basically, I want to have an 84CSE project out in 2016 hah Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours