CalebHansberry wrote:
I wonder where LuxenD went.
He's a sporadic visitor, probably busy with final exams. I want to know more about that Minecraft chest, though; it looks awesome.
LuxenD sent his PM now; thank you Luxen Smile.

More pictures now, sorry for the delay:

The "DCS7" side got routed:

Next, I began the final rout! Thats 2 routs on one side, 3 on the other, BTW. The pine thing is a rough one I made a while back (the first one I made!). Pine doesn't cut it, however.

This is a great image for showing how it happens:

As I rout along, it is nearly out:

Finally, after a TON of filing, sanding, and otherwise shaping, the shape is complete!

Now all it needs is paint, varnish, and the hanger!
maybe you should make some that have only stain and varnish instead of paint... they look really classy unpainted. Wink
Oh, fascinating, I didn't realize that you did them as one piece. That's rather impressive to see! I hope that Luxen and Merth are as proud of their Doors CS ornaments as me. Smile
just waiting for an adress now Very Happy
flyingfisch wrote:
maybe you should make some that have only stain and varnish instead of paint... they look really classy unpainted. Wink

My opinion presicely! Smile That is why the finished product has the arrow-things varnished wood - it (especially oak!) looks really nice. But the DCS7 part is silver, cause, well, it is in the real one. Smile

LuxenD wrote:
just waiting for an adress now Very Happy

Yup! Sorry, but you came in behind Merth, so I hustled his to get done before the rest. Wink
OK, update. Right now I am waiting for Shaun to send the payment over.

The varnish and aluminum paint I used:

There! Complete!

Also, the fishing line I used.... Razz

And the finished product on a tree!

As I said, waiting on Shaun at the moment. And working on LuxenD's! Very Happy Can I get another hard-core DCS7 fan on board before the season ends? Razz
Ok, I have received Shaun's payment now; thank you Shaun! The ornament will be mailed on Monday the 17th. And now, Luxen, your ornament is approaching completion! I have sent you a PM with my address, you can sent payment over now. Picture updates:

Another in progress:

The thick layer of dust in my room - its on my vintage computers too Evil or Very Mad :

Group picture:

But one of them is broken; I am not sending that to anyone.
I have sent the payment tonight, so expect it soon. Thanks muches, Caleb!
LuxenD wrote:
I have sent the payment tonight, so expect it soon. Thanks muches, Caleb!

Good, thanks!

Oh, and Merth's ornament has been sent; it is forecast to arrive on Friday the 21st. Hope it gets there before the world ends!
Got it in the mail today! Unfortunately the 7 had fallen off, but I was able to glue it back on.
merthsoft wrote:
Got it in the mail today! Unfortunately the 7 had fallen off, but I was able to glue it back on.

Hmm, how lame. Sad I will rework the design a little.
My ornament still hangs happily on my wall, reminding me of all the fun I have had over the years developing Doors CS.
Nice, Kerm! I'm glad you were my first customer. (Merth was the only other though)

I sent Merth a Cemetech ornament as a sort of compensation for the broken-in-transit one.

And, these ornaments are still available! Very Happy
Hey, are you still doing these? and, If I were to commission something for you to design, could I get a price estimation?

I was thinking that a wooden slide case would be great to have, since I am one slide short. but, instead of painting it, do you think you could do some woodburning to get the Cemetech chevron, and then do whatever pasting you need to protect it? Have you any experience with woodburning?
Yep, I'm still doing them this year, and hopefully something new...

As for the other project - wow, that sounds like a major challenge. The main shape is fine, but those bumps along the side would be tough. Ideally this is a case where you give me $x if I fail, $y if I succeed - not that I'd ask that of course, but the likelyhood of failing and losing the labor and materials is high.
Still, I can't really resist a challenge; suppose I could, what do you think you'd be willing to pay? (doesn't have to be a fancy price either, its just me). And yes, I can do woodburning fine - but there is no Cemetech chevron, do you mean the Cemetech logo or the DCS7 chevron?
Ooh, hows this? put the DCS Chevron in the middle, rather largish, and have "cemetech" along the lower right hand side. that would look cool.

As for payment, I have 40$ in cash, and I can go higher if you accept checks.
This kind of layout?

Also are we talking about a case for the TI-83-ishes or TI-84-ishes?
ERMYGERD That is exactly like I was thinking.

also, it doesnt matter which case you use, as I have both models. choose the case that will be easier for you.
BUMP!

any news on this, Caleb?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours