I got all of my stuff back, and even did a little more work such as making the first enemies weaker, optimizations, etc.
whooo! Reminds me of my first program Razz Nice job, screenies comin' soon? Very Happy
Soon? No. Now? Yes.

Wow you are right, the orange border does make it look striking! What text color is used for the bit at the beginning describing the story line?
APotato wrote:
Wow you are right, the orange border does make it look striking! What text color is used for the bit at the beginning describing the story line?

It's dark blue, since I wanted to give it an old ink & quill feel.

Edit: I got more town stuff done, so now you can buy bandages, which heal you, and will maybe heal some MP back. I still need to work on the levels, but I added some text to the floor of the fire dungeon's first room, which names it the "Dragon's Den". The battles will be worked on to be both more mechanically and visually appealing. I also worked on optimizing, both in speed and size. I will continue to work hard Smile
So, I'm on the road right now (getting some of dat Applebee's Wifi). Naturally, I've had a lot of time, so here's an unorganized list of what I've done so far:
-Attempts at speeding up logo draw (only minor changes, not enough to make a huge difference)
- Reorganized HP/MP display placement in battles to be more intuitive
-Added level and exp count to battle HUD
-Added HP and MP to overworld menu (not map screen)
-Added Bandages: Takes place of Items in overworld menu, heals 50 HP or to full if above 50
-Finished town menu and overworld menu
-Changed up level placement (First dungeon starts at Lv 5, was Lv 6 previously)
-Tons of optimizing

Edit:
So, I got a little more done.
-Added Fire Dungeon Boss
-Set up basics for Earth Dungeon
-Revamped enemy damage calculation (now based on enemy's HP)
-Dragonsglid now cleans up after itself (not sure why I didn't have that first)
-Various general improvements

Edit: Screenie!
Ok this is looking pretty incredible, it looks like the best basic rpg that can exist. It definitely looks amazing and looks like your making it even better.
I must say that I too am quite impressed with your progress! Smile Keep up the good work!
Thanks Mateo and APotato Smile
I'm really glad you both like it. I will be sure to keep updating!

I haven't discussed the testing situation, which is what I'll do now. I think I will make this open beta, starting with the next beta, but have a group of testers who can test thoroughly. I will communicate with those people.

Edit: Dragonsglid now has its own DCS 8 Icon! since the icon and the opening screen references TildaCubed, I'm not using the old logo drawing anymore.
Edit 2: Screenshot:

Edit 3: Just added auto-battling, which allows you to automatically battle the enemy with just one keypress at the start of a battle! A Final Fantasy Mystic Quest review, and more recently, bb010g, gave me the idea to add this.

All you have to do is enable it in your overworld menu and then in battle, press PRGM at the point where you want it to auto-battle, and you don't have to touch the calculator until you win (or lose Razz)!
So, I've been working some more.
*Changed DCS 8 icon
*Fixed a few things
*Moved the Exp counter so it's right next to your level
*Removed ability to cancel the auto-battling, I couldn't get it to work :/ (Actually, as I'm writing this, I just figured out what was wrong, so maybe I'll add it back in)
*Added 4th dungeon, its enemies and color scheme, and boss
*removed the opening battle cutscene
*changed the arrows for the main menu and town menus

Screenshot soon.
Cool, sounds pretty awesome. Do you have any screenshots? Smile
Yes.
(I also forgot to mention that I removed the opening battle cutscene and changed the arrows for the main menu and town menus)

Noo not the cutscenes! D: Anyways on the 3rd or 4th cloud map there is an "error Dimension"
APotato wrote:
Noo not the cutscenes! D: Anyways on the 3rd or 4th cloud map there is an "error Dimension"

I fixed that, redownload the file and it should work.
I'm almost all finished! I just need to add more storyline text, test a bit more, and I'll be done. I don't have a screenie because not much has changed except for fixes and the endgame.
I'm all done! Download here or in the first post.
Download here.
Nice! Just tried it out, seems to work quite well!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Nice! Just tried it out, seems to work quite well!

Thanks! I also uploaded it to the file Archives.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours