comicIDIOT wrote:
I realize I've been absent for most (all?) of this development but perhaps in a new version you can change the color of important events. Such as with George Washington "Continental Army" could be another color or something. I realize it's all truncated to the most important info to begin with but names can be extra helpful.

Keep it up!
That's a pretty cool idea. I do something like that in my STEM Behind Hollywood activities: the seq( token at the beginning of a line is a signal that that line should be emphasized (in my case, maroon instead of black text). However, that can slow the text system down, especially if you're not changing the style of an entire line, so I'm not sure that's necessary for this project.

I'm very glad you're back to working on this, tifreak8x! I hope you find the motivation to finish it up in one swoop.
Thanks gents!

The text is going to be all black, because as Kerm said, trying to catch key words/phrases would drastically slow the text display down, which I'm going to have to write up anyways. As it is now, I'm just using a testing program to get layouts on where lines should start for when I go to make the setup.

I am also going to have a setup list, of sorts, 44 elements long. That way, it will store what page you were last at when on that particular topic, probably loaded by pressing Alpha instead of 2nd.

So I have three pages of text data input now. Next sections will discuss Washington's life as an officer and farmer.

Thoughts? As it is, it's just a test program with a load of Text( statements.
Whoa, that paging is really fast, but if it's a load of Text( statements, that explains it. I presume you'll be switching to something very similar to the pager that my STEM Behind Hollywood activities use? In fact, I'd be more than willing to contribute my pager to your cause. Smile
Is it faster than what you had devised for LibHelper? I had thought about asking you if I could steal it from there to use. And so far, yes, it's all just Text( statements until I can get alignments finished Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
Is it faster than what you had devised for LibHelper? I had thought about asking you if I could steal it from there to use. And so far, yes, it's all just Text( statements until I can get alignments finished Smile
It's extremely similar to what LibHelper uses. In each case, finding the end of the next line requires inString, so it's a loop of inString() and Text() until it reaches the end of the page.

Edit: So indeed, by all means use the pager from LibHelper if that works for your purposes here!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours