This is to catalog what was done on my Windows 8.1, 64 bit machine, to get TILP to recognize my calculators via Direct link and via Silver USB->I/O.

The problem was with the drivers, and Windows refused to install them, saying they lacked proper certification.

TheStorm took over and utilized http://zadig.akeo.ie/ , a program used to force an install of drivers.

Once open, select 'Options' in the tool bar, and select 'List All Devices':

At this point, any device connected should automatically pop up in the drop down list:

From there, you'll want to tell it to overwrite the driver 'libusb-win32 (v1.2.6.0)' by pressing the up or down arrows next to the driver name:

Using the above, we were able to make TILP connect with my Nspire CX, my 84 Plus, my 84 Plus C Silver Edition, and my TI-86 with the USB Silver link!

Mostly making this topic/post to help others if they end up having similar issues with TILP and Windows 8.1.

My life is complete.
Glad this was helpful to more than just Tifreak was decided to be less lazy than me and actually type it up!
Thank you so much for posting this; this tutorial needs to be available in more places. I was stuck trying to send a .tns file to my TI-Nspire CX this evening, and this tutorial told me everything I needed to do to use TILP 1.18 with my TI-Nspire CX.
Not a problem, glad it was useful to more than just myself. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours