Just for the lulz, I decided to make a paint program in TI-Basic. It only draws in lines, currently, but you can choose your color and swap colors in the middle of your paint session, or just start all over. I plan to add more features such as freeform drawing and other advanced drawing methods.
I don't believe I will be able to save drawings, unless I use a gazillion, bajillion Pxl-Test commands (or that equivalent in For loops), but if there's a way, please tell me!

Here's what I have so far:

I did implement saving, but either Wabbit doesn't support Pic saving or it got corrupted a bit when I transferred it.

Download Here!
123outerme, do you object to using StorePic and RecallPic for some reason? Those would probably be the best way to do it. And yes, I definitely hope you'll keep us abreast of new updates!
KermMartian wrote:
123outerme, do you object to using StorePic and RecallPic for some reason? Those would probably be the best way to do it. And yes, I definitely hope you'll keep us abreast of new updates!

Oh, of course Razz I was just thinking of list storage, but StorePic is much better Smile
Ooh a new painting program! I think the line feature will be unique. Also the fact that it is made in basic is interesting. Maybe a cool textbox feature Smile
Something you might consider doing that would be very unique could be to create a vector art editor. That is, shapes, lines, points, and text with defined colors, positions, and sizes that could be zoomed arbitrarily without any loss of quality. That would also give you the opportunity to be very creative with your savefile format in order to encode that data. Of course, I understand if you'd prefer not to get that far out there with this project. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Something you might consider doing that would be very unique could be to create a vector art editor. That is, shapes, lines, points, and text with defined colors, positions, and sizes that could be zoomed arbitrarily without any loss of quality. That would also give you the opportunity to be very creative with your savefile format in order to encode that data. Of course, I understand if you'd prefer not to get that far out there with this project. Smile

I will definitely look into it, thanks Smile
Updates: I added the ability to save and load your pictures, as well as added freeform drawing. For now, it just creates 3x3 squares where you last were (meaning it doesn't erase the previous cursor). I will get a screenshot soon.
You can have the program ask you to save it with the menu( command. There are graph databases(GDBs) that will save your drawings.
caleb1997 wrote:
You can have the program ask you to save it with the menu( command. There are graph databases(GDBs) that will save your drawings.
Actually, GDBs just save things like the bounds of the window, which graphing mode is set, which equations are enabled, and whether the axes are displayed. The Pic variables are what you need for saving pictures.
Oh. Okay, then. I just found that GDBs have always worked for me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours