Before I realize that I have been too active lately, and I become lazy again, I'm trying to get as many projects done as possible. My next project is a Yahtzee clone called YahtCse. Heh.
Anyways, while on hcwp tonight, I threw together some sprites and a neat looking splash screen.
Here is that screen:
Looks cool, though the dark pixels in the text might need a little tweaking.

Do you have sprites for rolling dice etc?

This will be a stayer on my calc Smile.
As tr1p1ea says, I recommend you use a different color for your pseudo-antialiasing in the text, but a great start. As I mentioned on IRC earlier, you're welcome to try porting over my monochrome TI-BASIC Yahtzee game, but I also understand if you want to challenge yourself to figure out the game logic from scratch. I too believe that dice-rolling would be the next logical addition, so I look forward to how that looks.
Hmm.. As for those dark pixels, it doesn't look that way on my art editor :p I guess when converting to the Xlibc pallete is got a weird dark blue like it did. I'll make sure to change that.
And for the dice rolling, should I make it look like dice are rolling? Or how 99% of Yahtzee clones are drawn, just the one face is drawn..
Be the 1% and make the dice rolling. Smile Not sure if this is really worth it, but it still would be the extra 1% that puts it over the top. It is looking like it will be a pretty sweet program! Good luck!
As of right now, I'm not in the 1%..
@Tifreak/KermM: I fixed the pseudo-aliasing, making it look better.
And yes, I do have plans for the ugly gray box surrounding the main title.
Animated shot of holding dice, and re-rolling the other dice.
How do you control holding? Do you use the y= to the graph keys?
It sure looks good for what you've got going so far.

APotato: The simplest method would be to tie the F# keys to a list, and just do a If K>10 and K<16:not(List(Key-10)->List(Key-10 kind of thing. That way it alternates between 0 and 1 automatically without having to really do much. Then later when it does whatever it does, any List value that is 0 gets to be rerolled or whatever happens.

I don't believe I've ever played Yahtzee.
That looks like it is coming right along! (I think it looks fine even without the rolling. Smile ) I also like how there is a little bit of gray in the die in order to give it a deeper feel. Keep up the good work!
APotato wrote:
How do you control holding? Do you use the y= to the graph keys?

That is correct, I do use those keys. Tapping once, hold it, tapping again unfolds.

tifreak8x wrote:
The simplest method would be to tie the F# keys to a list, and just do a If K>10 and K<16:not(List(Key-10)->List(Key-10 kind of thing.

Yeah thats pretty much exactly what I did. Haha.

And now for today, I think I'll work on the scorecard, I made a custom font so I don't have to use the huge blocky xlibc font that won't fit anything on the screen.
Hmm the scorecard bit seems it may be a little challenging. Would you have to check to see which category the err roll? falls in? That seems a bit tedious, I bet there's a more efficient way I am missing :-/
Well basically, the user gets to choose which box he wants to place his score into. That's when the check occurs, giving either 0 points if the dice rolls do not fit the category; i.e. yahtzee, 4 of a kind, or full house. Else it will count how many points are given based on the numbers; i.e. 3's with a roll of [1,5,3,2,3] will give 6 points to the 3's section.
Hopefully that made sense.
Oh makes sense! Would you be storing the dice rolls into a list? Or is there a more efficient method once again
Yeah that would be the easiest way because I'll have to loop through and see what values the dice are, and that is easier than checking one variable at a time. So yes, loops would make a bunch more sense.
Graphics and such update. Its an update that's different from my last post.. So I'm considering that this isn't double posting.

I have a routine that takes a list of numbers that correspond to letters; i.e. 1 is a and 26 is z. So the routine takes the list spits out a word, goes on till it hits a certain number which translates to a newline, -2 in this case. So yep. That's what the font is going to look like.
Hmm may I ask how do you create a list of numbers to correspond to letters? I think it may be useful in creating a Rubik's cube scrambler.
Well it doesn't convert the numbers to a string although that is trivial:

Code:

" "  → Str1
For( G, 1, dim(ʟNAME
SubStr("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz", ʟNAME(G), 1) + Str1 → Str1
End

Although that code will slowly start getting slower, if you have around 200 elements.
The way I am doing it is pretty much the same way, but instead of letters, the numbers correspond to a sprite that is that letter. If that makes sense.
Sorry, I just like to see how optimized something can be: Smile

Code:
"
For(G,1,dim(L1
sub("abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz",L1(G),1)+Ans
End:Ans->Str1

That way you don't have to store after each iteration, plus L1 is accessed a little faster. Smile
Wow! Looking awesome ... Can't wait to try this game out.

I cant believe how fast this is progressing, motivation is a wonderful thing Smile.
Well Zeldaking should definitely deserve some recognition for his hard work. He is not asleep when I wake up and the time difference is only 2 hours. Great job Zeldaking! And I believe the way to do it is Zeldaking++

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours