I created a work out logger for the TI-84+ calcs using DCS.
At the moment, you can log the name, date, time, rounds and a description of the work out.

Screenshots coming soon.
This sounds like a fun project to work on. Do you plan to limit it to the TI-84 Plus line so you can use the clock and timer functions?
KermMartian wrote:
This sounds like a fun project to work on. Do you plan to limit it to the TI-84 Plus line so you can use the clock and timer functions?

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be possible to use register 'r' for timing? The doc says it gets incremented by a certain amount after every instruction is executed (I'm guessing by the number of cycles it took for the instruction to execute).

If you know how many cycle's there were since the last update and the speed of the processor, calculating how long it took in milliseconds for the loop to be reiterated should be simple math.

Additionally, the calculator never actually shuts off, it just hangs with the screen off until the ON key is pressed. If you could somehow hook that loop, you could pretty much create a fake internal clock.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_reckoning#Errors
Wow!
I didn't realize that my project made it on the project of the moth post!
Anyway, the program is complete, and I will try my best to upload it soon.
I've always had a bit of trouble taking screenshots while running programs, but with Windows 8.1 and my teacher's calc, I should get some up soon.
One thing that annoys me is the inability to have some sort of tabbing function in BASIC GUIs
KermMartian wrote:

No. At the moment, I do not plan to add timing functionality as the program is slow enough.
When I get home I will make a README file and upload the program to the archives!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours