I did a benchmark...
I inserted fully-charged Ni-MH batteries, overclocked the calculator to 94.3 MHz, brightness set to the OS's second level, and put Eigenmath to run the following line

Code:
for(k,1,1000000000,1+1)

After almost 15 hours, I believe it finished, because when I looked at the calculator again it had shut off - that is, GetKey had come into scene again and noticed the batteries were too low.

First conclusion - the Prizm, when overclocked, has 14 safe hours of battery life.

But this post doesn't stop here Smile
I connected a USB cable to power it, and saw a system error (related to timers used on Eigenmath...) the VRAM was in a state I already knew about, but didn't take photos of because I didn't have a suitable camera. This time I had, and these are some wonderful photos of a broken VRAM copying system:

The VRAM is, as you see, flipped vertically - you'll need to flip these images vertically to read the contents of the screen Smile
Things drawn with DD still show in their correct positions, namely the hourglass on the top right. DD also seems to be used in text input, and not just for the cursor - it was quite messed up. I made a video of it, hopefully it will help understand a bit better how the UI is drawn. I will upload it soon.
After I (properly) shut down the calculator and turned it back on, the strange state was gone.
This state can be induced by writing to the memory around the VRAM area... you can also cause other funny things, like changing the statusbar color. In this case, the system error and memory problems probably happened because as the calculator got turned off abruptly, the timers system got confused and ended up jumping to some memory location it shouldn't... I know the timers were still running when the system error appeared because the hourglass kept spinning.
Intresting stuff!
This flipped VRAM may have a useful application: it allows you to set up your prizm so its screen is reflected in the mirror, like a HUD or something.
One of those locations in the vram is "flip vertically" bit. I wonder if there is a "flip horizontally bit" somewhere too.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours