What modes should I add?
One-Calc 2P Mode!
 44%  [ 4 ]
1P Mode is fine!
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

TI-Thrash (Color) is a homescreen arcade-style fighting game. It includes multiple characters, who beat up on a CPU. (By the way, it is possible to block counterattacks)
P.S.: Thanks to Imgur for glitching out and deleting all my beta screenshots! I hate you Imgur.

Here's my screenshot (V1.1):

And in color (V2.0B):

The "jump" at the end was the Super Thrash attack. Also, if you see me use strange moves, that's because I implemented combos, and the two are called Uppercut and Jab.
There's a secret character Wink See if you can find it!

►Download:
Download here!
Cemetech Archives Download

►Download V2.1:
Download here! Make sure to read the Readme. Requires Doors CSE 8.1 or later!

►Changelog V1.1:
*Now, the 0 has a different Super Thrash attack
*Fixed/improved a few things

►Changelog V2.1 (Color version):
*Optimized size/speed
*Fixed issue with blocking a counterattack and timing
Will there be any color or will it be designed for both monochrome and color calcs?
APotato wrote:
Will there be any color or will it be designed for both monochrome and color calcs?

It is designed for both monochrome and color calcs.
It uses this test to define if you're using a color or monochrome calc:

Code:
:0→Xmin
:1→ΔX
:Xmax>96→C      //If Xmax is greater than 96 (which is the X pixel count of monochrome calcs), it outputs 1, which it stores to C. C is used later in the program when using things like drawing text and the enemy collision detection.
123outerme wow that is cool! I kind of want to implement that into some of my later programs for fun.
APotato wrote:
123outerme wow that is cool! I kind of want to implement that into some of my later programs for fun.

I can't take the credit though, JWinslow at Omnimaga told me about it, and someone else made it up for their game.
123outerme wrote:
APotato wrote:

I can't take the credit though, JWinslow at Omnimaga told me about it, and someone else made it up for their game.
For what it's worth, those methods were first developed here on the Cemetech forum in a discussion between Weregoose, Merthsoft, and myself. I'll try to track down the topic later. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
123outerme wrote:
APotato wrote:

For what it's worth, those methods were first developed here on the Cemetech forum in a discussion between Weregoose, Merthsoft, and myself. I'll try to track down the topic later. Smile

Thanks, Kerm, I was just going off of someone else's word Razz
Wow platforms now! You should add different platforms for different levels. And different characters would represent different surfaces, ex: water, dirt, stone, etc. Smile
Here you go Kerm: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=202008#202008

I use one line of code to detect the calculator in all of my cross-compatible programs. I then use |N in the Text( commands.

Code:
If Xmin+E2ΔX>Xmax->|N
Electromagnet8 wrote:
Here you go Kerm: http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=202008#202008

I use one line of code to detect the calculator in all of my cross-compatible programs. I then use |N in the Text( commands.

Code:
If Xmin+E2ΔX>Xmax->|N

Yeah, I remember, when I thanked JWinslow on TIBD, he said that he got it from you.

(link: http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/forum/t-859892/source-seekers-ti-83#post-2030989)
Update:

*Added super moves, called Super Thrash attacks (no, this name is not final Razz) and the corresponding bar
*Changed graphics and dodges drastically.
*Made attacking send you to an internal subprogram with Gotos (don't worry, I made sure no memory would leak, and matches wouldn't last that long anyways). I had to do this so that I could keep a lot of features and still get actual performance.
Awesome! I love how it just charges up! Cool attacks too, I like the text used to represent different actions. Keep us updated!
I added combo moves!
Currently, the only combos are uppercut (punch twice) and jab (punch, kick). More coming soon!
Also, I fixed a few bugs.
I added more fighters!

Changelog 0.1:
*Fixed some timing
*Redid fist graphics (3 to D, E to C)
*Reworked Super Thrash attack mechanics (now it charges up on your combos)
*Balanced a few things
Wow looking good!
APotato wrote:
Wow looking good!

Thanks! I intend to give the fighters names and just generally improve them.

Edit:

Changelog 02B:
*Changed lifebars
*Changed menus to pure homescreen (thanks to JWinslow on Omnimaga for the idea!)
*Small fixes 'n' stuff

Edit 2:
(No GIF, since there's minor changes)
Changelog 03B:
*Changed CPU head to "Q" to make differences when you're an "O" clearer

Edit 3:

Changelog 04B:
*Added ability to choose rounds (thanks to Hayleia on Omnimaga for the idea!)
*Reorganized bars to be more compatible with monochrome calcs
*Added round number at top
*Changed win condition to fit new ability to choose rounds
*Various other things

Edit 4:
(no GIF, just fixes)
Changelog 05B:
*Fixed a few issues

Edit 5:
(still no GIF, more minor fixes)
Changelog 06B:
*Fixed character damage outputs
*Centered some text

Edit 6:
(more fixes)
Changelog 07B:
*Added some input validation when inputting the number of rounds

Edit 7:
(more small stuff)
Changelog 08B:
*Fixed validation input stuff
If you have the opportunity you should make the super thrash move different for each character.
APotato wrote:
If you have the opportunity you should make the super thrash move different for each character.

I'll work on it, but I might not be able to based on speed or space reasons.
Yeah it's a wonder that the program still manages to run at playable speeds! And it's a decent size
APotato wrote:
Yeah it's a wonder that the program still manages to run at playable speeds! And it's a decent size

Are you running it on a CSE? I ask because I don't know how fast monochrome versions run.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours