Is it possible to somehow use the GetCalc( command to work like USBX/MSDX. It should send VARS over like Strings but I can't seem to get it to work? Or is it only Calc-to-Calc since there is some other recognition code involved? The cable may even be wrong...currently soldered-(works) USB-(Type A) Female to Mini-(Type A Male OEM TI Cable End) Should the cable be USB-(Type A) Female to (Mini B) Female to (OEM TI Cable)-Mini (B Male) to (Mini A) Male? (two adapters really small though)
The GetCalc( command will get a variable from another calculator that is in standby mode (for instance, on the homescreen or running a command like Prompt or Pause). It can't be used with a regular USB flash drive, if that's what you're wondering.
That's what I thought but could it be possible with Asm? Since really it is a USB-to-USB type system but I assume it still needs a way to interpret the information using the processor? It's like saying: here is information go get it but it doesn't know how to interpret it so it does nothing.
RogueEngineer wrote:
Is it possible to somehow use the GetCalc( command to work like USBX/MSDX. It should send VARS over like Strings but I can't seem to get it to work? Or is it only Calc-to-Calc since there is some other recognition code involved? The cable may even be wrong...currently soldered-(works) USB-(Type A) Female to Mini-(Type A Male OEM TI Cable End) Should the cable be USB-(Type A) Female to (Mini B) Female to (OEM TI Cable)-Mini (B Male) to (Mini A) Male? (two adapters really small though)

Install USB8X, and MSD8X, and use the OpenLib/ExecLib library that comes with those.
I was just looking for like a way to maybe type a simple short Asm code into another calc that doesn't have USB8X/MSD8X installed already. (I don't know Asm at the moment but probably need to now) Sharing codes without the need of having a cable is the goal. I even went as far as looking into Wi-Fi specifically the newer Nspire WNA USB Chip http://www.datamath.org/Graphing/NSpire_CX_WNA I have the adapter set for accepting fullsize USB's like the Nspire WNA USB Chip but again it may need code to interpret the signal.
I did some searching and found this http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:Software:usb8x/Asm_Interface/MSD/MSD_ImportVariable essentially write a short code maybe even a so called "upack code" to unpack MSD8x and USB8X or just not include anything extra like Vernier data. Sole purpose is to unpack .8x or .8xp
RogueEngineer, USB is hard and requires lots of code, and interfacing a FlashDrive over USB requires even more, you aren't going to find a short code snippit that will do that without at least USB8x installed.
Okay this was just a hypothetical idea anyway. I now see that it can't work.
Ti-BASIC already has an optional argument for which port to pull from

Code:

GetCalc(var,portflag

If:
portflag=0, it will use the USB port with checking to see if connected,
portflag=1, it will the USB port without checking
portflag=3, it will use the I/O port only.
Obtained from TI BASIC Developer.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours