I made a cross compatible program with the teqniques found in the cross compatible forum. The only problem is sending the program from the ti 84 plus cse to the b&w ti 84 plus made a ERR: version. I can't even send the program from the computer to the b&w ti 84 plus because it also makes the error message: the variable trying to send isn't compatible.
Sounds like you created the program on a CSE, right? I believe you can only go the other way (run a program created on a non-color model on a color model), since the CSE sets a different type on programs it creates.

You could probably correct it with relative ease by importing the program into SourceCoder or Tokens, then re-exporting as a non-color program.
If that doesn't do the trick, make sure you're not using any explicit color tokens like Red or Blue (you can replace those with the integers 10-24) or new commands like TextColor( or BackgroundOff.
It doesn't matter at all if there's color tokens in a cross-compatible basic program because after I Tokenized my program (which has color tokens in it) in TokenIDE it became cross-compatible. Look at the program, WizardC7, that I uploaded.
Ephraim B wrote:
It doesn't matter at all if there's color tokens in a cross-compatible basic program because after I Tokenized my program (which has color tokens in it) in TokenIDE it became cross-compatible. Look at the program, WizardC7, that I uploaded.
It's good to know that the receiving calculator won't bother verifying the tokens in the particular program and only checks the version byte. Thanks for discovering that.
I checked the source code on the B&W ti 84 plus and the color tokens turned into a line of gibberish.
KermMartian wrote:
It's good to know that the receiving calculator won't bother verifying the tokens in the particular program and only checks the version byte. Thanks for discovering that.

This makes sense since we can send assembly programs without difficulty Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours