the HDTV receiver/tuner is NOT part of the HDTV spec...
i kno, that, but now days they are almost always included as part of the tv. but mine is not hd. it has 720p tho, but is not considered hd it only has high quality like that when it has a comp hooked up or a dvd player to the component or s-vid. it is 720p tho, that it my point
what about 1080i?
screenie from my new gentoo install. Its Gnome 2.12 (its awesome, the clearlooks default theme looks great!) and GTK+ 2.8.6

i still have to get 3d acceleration (probs w/ ati binaries, going to try an open source driver instead), and set up dual monitors (right now they just disp the same stuff)

http://www.kllrnohj.com/images/2005.1/Screenshot.png
I like it! Interesting fusion of Win and Mac GUI elements.
run linux + gnome 2.12 and that desktop setup can be yours too Wink

(note the FTP folder, its a feature i love, i can treat my webserver as just another folder on my comp, makes uploading insanely easy, don't need any other progs)
Im thinking about installing the KDE libs on our family mac using DarwinPorts so I can run Konqueror Smile Ill post a pic of it, if I can get it working

EDIT:
====

w00t w00t: my 500th post on Cemetech....how many do you need for a custom title?
ima buy a mac... as soon as i can afford 1.. i need 1 for editing..
you need 1000 posts for the title.

Man, 1000, seems like only yesterday.
lol, ik. Well, maybe not yesterday exactly... Very Happy
almost halfway there...
Yeah, you've been here for such a while, I'm suprised your postcount is so low...
wut about me? Wink

o my comp looks more mac-y now... but im too lazy to put pics.. i finished the xbox port on the front of my case... i just need to get silver spray paint... or a black comp case... ima make another port for 2player when i get another breakaway cable
Very Happy
Kllrnohj wrote:
hint: don't use BMP format, its uncompressed and therefore very large...

If you don't want a lossy-compression, save it as a .png (jpeg would be best for internet posting, at quality 100, you'll lose some quality, but not a noticeable amount)

Nice desktop tho (I guess), but I'm not a big fan of the Aqua interface

Very Happy

.PNG Public (Portable) Network Graphic (proposed GIF replacement) Good Idea

-Swivel
Uhhh, not proposed GIF replacement. It's been around for about as long as GIF. GIF is a compressed, optimized-palette format, whereas PNG is a compressed, full-pallete bitmap-based format with 8-bit alpha transparency.
KermMartian wrote:
Uhhh, not proposed GIF replacement. It's been around for about as long as GIF. GIF is a compressed, optimized-palette format, whereas PNG is a compressed, full-pallete bitmap-based format with 8-bit alpha transparency.

GIF also supports animations, and as far as i know, PNG's do not

and to simplify what Kerm said, GIF is for small images, PNG is for big ones Wink
And JPEG is for photos, whereas GIF is for computer-generated art (generally).
KermMartian wrote:
And JPEG is for photos, whereas GIF is for computer-generated art (generally).

i would more say PNG or TIFF is for photos...JPEG's would be good for mid to large sized images were file size is a larger concern than image quality
I usually use PNGs or GIFs depending on whether I want an optimized color table
Exactly, same here. I tend to use only GIF or PNG for web publishing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours