Hello
I tried using Ti 84 rom jpg but no luck! I did notice that the skin changed to ti 83 plus from ti 84. I am not sure what is going on.The same jpg rom works fine in Windows
Could some one explain why it does not in iOS. By the way this is true in chrome and safari.
Regards
I am surprised that you're able to use Chrome on the iPad, but at any rate, what iOS version are you running, and also what is your iPad's Safari version?
The first thing I would suggest is to try using Safari instead. I don't know if Apple has reversed their decision, but at least when I last checked about a year ago, they reserved the better javascript engine present on the device only for use by the Safari application.

Also, have you successfully loaded in a ROM? Without a ROM, I certainly wouldn't expect the calculator to respond.
IOS Version 7.1
iPad is iPad AIR
I have tried SAFARI(Installed version) as well with no difference.

In response to Runner112..
Yes I have loaded the ROM. It worked fine with Windows Desktop,
I generated the JPG file as directed and used it with iPad.
As mentioned earlier, I uploaded the JPG file from desktop and it also worked fine.
One additional observation, when I uploaded the JPG file from my iPad using either Chrome or SAFARI,the skin shown TI83 and not TI83+.On the Windows,it shows correctly as TI83 +.
I hope this helps.
Regards
KermMartian wrote:
I am surprised that you're able to use Chrome on the iPad, but at any rate, what iOS version are you running, and also what is your iPad's Safari version?

Apple allows third party web-browsers, but you're required to use the bundled version of WebKit for rendering. Since Chrome is also WebKit-based, this isn't that surprising.

Runer: afaik, the speed issue is true only for iOS 7, not for previous (or newer - iOS Cool versions, due to a security concerns with Nitro's JIT. Previous versions were more secure, and iOS 8 properly sandboxes the new FTL JIT, so it's ok (but you're required to use WKWebView instead of UIWebView).
Getting back on-topic, does anyone have an iPad with similar (or different) versions of Safari (ie, WebKit) and iOS to try to replicate these issues? I've been hearing that some OS+browser combinations work and some don't, and if anyone could find something like an error console, that would really help to narrow down what exactly is going wrong.
dckotwal, do you have a Mac as well? Or just the iPad? If you have a Mac, enable Web Inspector under Advanced settings for Safari on your iPad. Then on your Mac, enable the Develop menu under Safari's Advanced Preferences. Connect your iPad to the Mac with its USB capable. From there your device should appear in the Develop menu and you can figure out what's going on. This should also work with linking Safari to the iOS Simulator in Xcode.

I'm not sure if this capability is in the Windows version of Safari.
Using Developer Console on iPad:

No ROM Loaded:

Code:

[Warning] Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id. (all.js, line 53)
[Warning] FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). (all.js, line 53)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (tweet_button.1401325387.html, line 1, x3)
[Warning] Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id. (all.js, line 53)
[Warning] FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init(). (all.js, line 53)
[Warning] Invalid CSS property declaration at: * (tweet_button.1401325387.html, line 1, x3)

The CSS Properties have 3 errors each, making 10 errors. I just can't expand them. Also, my current JPEG ROM doesn't work anymore. jsTIfied throws an error saying "The ROM is an invalid size." They've worked before. When I loaded jsTIfied up I had a ROM "installed" but it wouldn't work. Could this be because when the ROM was uploaded it was the correct size but now that it appears to be wrong, it can't successfully read it?

I'll post back when I redo the ROM process.

Update: I am unable to export an imaged ROM. Upon uploading the link to click vanishes. Would it be possible to put this link under the "Help" tab? I see that dckotwal has exported an imaged ROM. So, am I just looking in the wrong place?

Also, FWIW: I can't get my ROM to work on the computer as well. It uploads fine but then I can't do anything. [ON] doesn't seem to do it's thing.
Remade the ROM and it works.

So, I can confirm it doesn't work on iOS 7.0.1 under Safari. When I first load the ROM the calc screen has little dots that emulate the screen then they disappear. It's a solid color. Pressing [ON] brings them back. Until iOS8 & Yosemite come out, I'll have no accurate way of reproducing this on video. I took photos with my phone and it kinda shows the issue but it's not ideal. I'll upload them ASAP anyways.
Most importantly, see if you can access the Developer Console after that process, and tell me what it says. The items above are non-fatal warnings, but I bet we'll see some more interesting messages now.
Still have 5 non-fatal errors, with three of them being Invalid CSS properties.

Code:

Loaded 2MBs in 20.09 seconds.

I clicked on the Debugger, pressed "Pause" and this javascript loaded. Pressed a few buttons and the line above appeared. Both originate from a file hosted on twitter.com.

(why do we even call Twitter/Facebook if we don't have the buttons for them?)
We do have Facebook, Google+, and Twitter buttons on the page. I presume you're using a tool like Adblock Plus that hides them. Smile Anyway, I take it that no JavaScript errors appeared, and yet the calculator did not boot? Or did I miss some detail?
KermMartian wrote:
We do have Facebook, Google+, and Twitter buttons on the page. I presume you're using a tool like Adblock Plus that hides them. Smile

Oh, that's where they are. I thought we had those links for news articles. I see them, I don't have ADP installed but I have Flash turned off by default which takes care of a majority of annoying auto-playing video ads.

Quote:
Anyway, I take it that no JavaScript errors appeared, and yet the calculator did not boot? Or did I miss some detail?

I think the calculator boots but there's nothing on the screen. The calc screen appears to be on cause I can see emulated pixels and when I press [ON] they go away but come back a few seconds later. In iOS8 and OS 10.10 I'll be able to record video directly from my iPad; I can take a screen shot though in the meantime.
Oh, I get it. Actually, the details pixels are part of the calculator screen (right-click, view image on the calculator skin to see what I mean). If you see a solid blank rectangle, that is the emulated powered-off screen. Perhaps the [ON] is not catching? I look forward to the video/screenshot to verify that what I suspect is happening is what you're indeed seeing.
KermMartian wrote:
Perhaps the [ON] is not catching? I look forward to the video/screenshot to verify that what I suspect is happening is what you're indeed seeing.

I see both those things but the solid blank rectangle doesn't stay for long.
*bump* ComicIDIOT, did you ever collect that video and/or screenshots to help me track down what is happening here? I would like to make sure jsTIfied will work for as many users as possible with the Back to School season swiftly approaching.
I don't have iOS8 yet but I'll see what I can do to capture off-device video and try to describe what is going on in better detail.
comicIDIOT wrote:
I don't have iOS8 yet but I'll see what I can do to capture off-device video and try to describe what is going on in better detail.
I believe it happens in iOS7 as well, so that would be equally helpful. Thanks in advance for this.
I should see if I can test this in the iOS simulator in Xcode for you.
elfprince13 wrote:
I should see if I can test this in the iOS simulator in Xcode for you.
That would be very greatly appreciated if you happen to get around to it any time in the near future. Thanks in advance.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours