I may have found a glitch in OS 2.55MP.

Steps:
1. enter any one-digit number
2. use the fraction (bold slash) command (ALPHA + Y=)
3. enter another one-digit number to create a fraction.
4. Press ENTER.
The top and bottom halves of the screen will switch (turn off calculator to fix)

I cleared the RAM, and the problem persists. I was wondering if anyone else successfully performed the glitch/bug/easter egg.
I've experienced this bug before. I suspect it has something to do with DCS, but I don't know. If it indeed is a true bug then we might get a DCS update.
I'll try on a clean version and report back.
Hmm doesnt work for me
APotato, you'll need DCS.
Some programs (notably, some versions of Axe) use a flash unlock exploit that corrupts the OS. On 2.55, it results in a fraction glitch. If you re-install your OS, the problem should disappear.
JosJuice wrote:
Some programs (notably, some versions of Axe) use a flash unlock exploit that corrupts the OS. On 2.55, it results in a fraction glitch. If you re-install your OS, the problem should disappear.

I completely forgot about this. It was fixed in Axe 1.2.0, so if you use Axe, I'd advise upgrading to the latest version of Axe (1.2.2) and then resending the OS.
Quote:
APotato, you'll need DCS

I have DCS8.1
It may be because I have a PCSE Graphing Calculator
This glitch will probably not work on a TI-84+CSE.

I had this happen to me before. I read somewhere that this is a known glitch due to the use of MathPrint on the OS.
JosJuice is completely correct. I made a patch a while back that fixes this "glitch". This patch will invalidate your OS, but, if you are experiencing the glitch, then your OS is already invalid.

(The patch is actually sort of an immunization that makes the OS corruption from the universal exploit not have any effect.)

Also, I can't figure out the URL tags, so here a link to the patch http://www.omnimaga.org/other-calculator-discussion-and-news/ti-8384-os-glitches-compilation-thread-%28all-oses%29/msg261410/#msg261410

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours