SirCmpwn started working on a Phoenix port ; the game is already pretty advanced :

matrefeytontias wrote:
SirCmpwn started working on a Phoenix port ; the game is already pretty advanced :

Well, it doesn't really use anything TI-OS-specific, so I would expect a port to be pretty straightforward. Thanks for the update, it looks smooth and playable. Smile
Might just be me, but I don't really remember the enemies only moving left and right when you did. Unless that's a special version of phoenix. Might have to go grab a copy and reply, it's been a while. It does look smooth, though Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
Might just be me, but I don't really remember the enemies only moving left and right when you did. Unless that's a special version of phoenix. Might have to go grab a copy and reply, it's been a while. It does look smooth, though Smile
Patrick released a new version within the last year or two that adds a number of features, including that scrolling. I believe it might actually be meant to emulate the 128-pixel-wide screen of the TI-85 and TI-86, although I might be mistaken on that. Of course, Patrick releases Phoenix as FOSS software, so he explicitly allows people to re-release Phoenix even if they make very few edits.
Are there any plans in the near future for practical math stuff to be included in this OS? I would like it to be as close to the TI OS in terms of mathematics power so I don't have to carry 2 Ti 84+'s with me all around, one for work and one for play.
Xeda112358 is up for this. He said he was working on it and would work on including it into KnightOS when he felt like it was ready.
How old is KnightOS? and will there be CAS?
Did you see the exact same question that I asked earlier...?
I can't imagine there's a lot to port over, maybe moving the interrupt table to another location as i imagine saferam locations are different. Unless you have access to the OS's sprite/fastcopy routines. I think it's about time to load this up on my calc.

(Also, i believe Xeda prefers to be referenced by "she")
Umm, this may have been asked but Im not going to scroll through 26 pages to check, but is it possible yet to get asm games on KinghtOS?
Yackback wrote:
Umm, this may have been asked but Im not going to scroll through 26 pages to check, but is it possible yet to get asm games on KinghtOS?
To my knowledge there are no full games, although presumably you could port over existing games very easily as long as they don't use many TI-OS bcalls. KnightOS is still in the process of becoming a useable OS, and is not suitable for everyday end-user use.
That ^

For now, since KnightOS has no link capabilities, it can't communicate with neither a PC or another calc, so the only way to "send" it stuff is to rebuild the whole OS with your program included.
Then is there a way to make a program in KnightOS cuz i havent found one-sry for the double post
The current way to develop for KnightOS is to build the whole operating system, with your package included. There are templates for doing this relatively simply, and it's not too difficult to get it building if you run linux.
willrandship wrote:
The current way to develop for KnightOS is to build the whole operating system, with your package included. There are templates for doing this relatively simply, and it's not too difficult to get it building if you run linux.

UGH.
willrandship wrote:

wat? To load a program you have to....rebuild and resend your OS?
Yes because as I said, KnightOS doesn't have linking capabilities yet.
The way it currently works, programs are built into the filesystem image that gets put into the ROM. One thing standing in the way of linking is the lack of file writing routines, something sir is working on right now. (unless he's already done)

While your program does need to be rebuilt with the OS, it won't change anything significant. It would be like an OS upgrade image having, say, zStart already available as an App.
Alright, time for an update, a lot of things happened to KnightOS lastly.

• The new userspace is a thing : it's now splitted up into several independant repositories (such as the file manager, the threadlist etc).
  • There is an actual KnightOS SDK ! To use it (cygwin or Linux) :

• Code:
      curl -s [url=http://www.knightos.org/install-sdk]http://www.knightos.org/install-sdk[/url] | bash

• Go to some folder, and then
      Code:
      knightos init example
      , then
      Code:
      make run

• Live demonstration here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LMs4Jra6YA

• New package manager tool, kpack
  • http://packages.knightos.org/ exists and is intended to be a package repository for KnightOS. There also is a new KnightOS category on ticalc.org !
  • You can try KnightOS development on http://try.knightos.org/ BUT beware, it's still a WIP ! Actually you can't run anything from this yet. But this is being worked on, and I'll let you know when it'll be working !
  • SCAS is being worked on ; it's an assembler written in C which includes extra features for KnightOS development (such as automatic relocation), AND is a WIP. Of course, you'll still be able to use it for programming ASM on the TI-OS. So far it features a separate assembler and linker, is compatible with sass, tasm, spasm and ASxxxx (ie SDCC) and is written in (hopefully) portable C.
  • The z80 emulator z80e is being worked on, and so far has a Linux version, as well as a Windows (by me) and TI-Nspire (by me too) version. In addition to that, it works in your web browser on http://www.knightos.org ! Also, STILL A WIP !
  • The KnightOS kernel has been greatly improved. Symlinks are now supported by the filesystem driver, the memory allocator has been improved (actually, fixed) and now features realloc, the flash driver has been enhanced + fixed, concurrency is now supported (using mutexes and conditional variables), the writable filesystem is nearly done (flush actually works !), as well as many fixes and improvements not significant enough on the end user's perspective to be mentionned (and way too numerous to be remembered).
  • Userspace : Phoenix now runs on your TI-84+CSE ! Only on KnightOS Wink . SirCmpwn ported the Periodic app to KnightOS (with prior approval from original author ; you can do science now !), I myself ported benryves's Pixel Madness demo (with prior approval as well), the text file viewer has been improved, and configlib has been written (lets you read/write Unix-style config files easily).
  • KnightOS now has C support ! Limited, but working C support ! KCC, a KnightOS-specific fork of SDCC, appeared to work well with SCAS, and while this is still in very early working stages, check out this small tutorial and give it a try !

Of course, nothing of this would have been possible without the continuous help and devotion of those people to the whole KnightOS project : puckipedia, klange, Vijfhoek, dragontux, thirtythreeforty, SirCmpwn and myself (well, I'm not thanking myself, but you get the point).

We would also like to thank Patrick Davidson, Ben Ryves and Ahmed El-Helw for letting us port their software.

That's about it for this update, of course more will come Wink
When is the final release date?
Is ASM programs going to be compatible with knightOS?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 26 of 29
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours