Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

Should Cemetech have an Anime section?
Yes, although I wouldn't participate
 12%  [ 3 ]
Yes, and I will actively participate
 20%  [ 5 ]
I have no feelings either way.
 28%  [ 7 ]
No, it deviates too far from our hw/sw dev core.
 36%  [ 9 ]
No, for the reason I express below.
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 25

Raylin wrote:
No. Absolutely no anime sections.
I come to Cemetech to program, not submit myself to more "NARUTO IS BEST GUISE" garbage that I heard all the frickin' time.

I feel that most if not all of our members are significantly more mature than that, so that should not be a problem.
merthsoft wrote:
What about TV shows that aren't Nerdy? And what about movies?


We don't serve their kind here. Wink But also...what about books? You know, those things people read?
Absolutely not. We already have Omnimaga where all the animu japanophiles can hang out.

Additionally, out of the 18 people who voted, only 4 of them have picked the second option, claiming they intend to use that subforum, and as I pointed all, they already have a subforum on Omnimaga they use, so I feel there's not much reason to have one here considering open topic sounds perfectly fine.

A more accurate question, Kerm, would be "Would you post in an Anime subforum?" with the choices yes and no. People who don't care wouldn't vote. And there won't be this implied bull on whether anime fans need representation on Cemetech. Of all the things you could have polled about Cemetech, you took the suggestion for an anime forum over far more critical issues?

tifreak8x wrote:
While on the subject of changing things around with subforums, could we take the technology open topic and change it to Technology and Science? Give it a broader scope to cover.


Wouldn't technology open topic be technically broader than what you suggested? Since many people consider advances in science to be a technology.

tl;dr We should keep the status quo because then things won't be able to get worse.
JoeYoung wrote:
they already have a subforum on Omnimaga they use
*they use once per month or so
DJ_O wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
they already have a subforum on Omnimaga they use
*they use once per month or so


That only serves to prove my point. If they won't use the one on Omnimaga, why would they use it here?
JoeYoung wrote:
Wouldn't technology open topic be technically broader than what you suggested? Since many people consider advances in science to be a technology.


No. "Technology" is more or less limited to things that people create - using scientific knowledge to build things. Science is the study of the physical world through mathematical and statistical reasoning.
As much as I love anime, I don't think an anime section should suffice. Instead, as some have already mentioned, renaming the "Reviews" section to accept discussion of TV shows and movies (and possibly more?) should be fine. Anime discussion can occur there. Smile
elfprince13 wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
What about TV shows that aren't Nerdy? And what about movies?


We don't serve their kind here. Wink But also...what about books? You know, those things people read?
I'd like that too, I was just afraid it'd be pushing it too far.

JoeYoung wrote:
Absolutely not. We already have Omnimaga where all the animu japanophiles can hang out.
More importantly there are entire forums strictly for Anime.

JoeYoung wrote:
Of all the things you could have polled about Cemetech, you took the suggestion for an anime forum over far more critical issues?
What would be an example of a critical issue that's actually up for discussion?

Also, why do all your posts sound so vehement? Am I just flavoring them with my own bias? If I am, I'm sorry. If I'm not, why are you so excited all the time?
merthsoft wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
Of all the things you could have polled about Cemetech, you took the suggestion for an anime forum over far more critical issues?
What would be an example of a critical issue that's actually up for discussion?

Also, why do all your posts sound so vehement? Am I just flavoring them with my own bias? If I am, I'm sorry. If I'm not, why are you so excited all the time?
I too very much want to know about these far more critical issues that need discussion (I suspect one is my rampant and unfair censorship of JoeYoung and all he holds dear, but I'll reserve that for after he states his concerns).
KermMartian wrote:
merthsoft wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
Of all the things you could have polled about Cemetech, you took the suggestion for an anime forum over far more critical issues?
What would be an example of a critical issue that's actually up for discussion?

Also, why do all your posts sound so vehement? Am I just flavoring them with my own bias? If I am, I'm sorry. If I'm not, why are you so excited all the time?
I too very much want to know about these far more critical issues that need discussion (I suspect one is my rampant and unfair censorship of JoeYoung and all he holds dear, but I'll reserve that for after he states his concerns).


I've already made my point concerning Kerm's rampant and arbitrary moderation of the forums and was summarily ignored, though not punished, which can be construed as a positive. Regardless, that's a discussion for another day, and I'd much rather have more attention paid to what I said about this issue, that an "anime" forum is strictly unnecessary.

I suppose having a TV/Movies subforum is quite a good compromise though. I have no real argument against it. I doubt that it will be used so often. Skimming the reviews and open topic forums don't reveal ANY active TV/Movie thread. Well, except for the Dr. Who Thread, but that's it. And it hardly seems necessary to make a whole subforum to hold that.

I'd like to point out DJ's statement that the anime subforum is scarcely visited anymore. All the people who voiced approval for it are Omnimaga members.

Rather than adding new subforums, it might be better to merge a few of them together.
JoeYoung wrote:
I'd like to point out DJ's statement that the anime subforum is scarcely visited anymore. All the people who voiced approval for it are Omnimaga members.


While I agree that Omnimaga sub forums are enough, not to have them here, and that there are anime-only forums already, I call bull. I don't think Tari even goes there; and souvik and Catherine, like most of us here, are banned from there, and have been for a while. I'm pretty sure these are the main players of this suggestion, so...
Ashbad wrote:
JoeYoung wrote:
I'd like to point out DJ's statement that the anime subforum is scarcely visited anymore. All the people who voiced approval for it are Omnimaga members.


While I agree that Omnimaga sub forums are enough, not to have them here, and that there are anime-only forums already, I call bull. I don't think Tari even goes there; and souvik and Catherine, like most of us here, are banned from there, and have been for a while. I'm pretty sure these are the main players of this suggestion, so...


You're right, I'm sorry. I've long stopped keeping track of people banned from omnimaga.
This is getting off topic. Fix it, or I'll lock it.
And then kllrnohj will tell you there's no such thing as off topic...

Anyway, it seems that most people are in favor of some sort of TV/Movie board, maybe repurposing an existing unused board. Is that more-or-less the consensus?
As I have voted, I have no feelings either way. BUT I don't really care for much anime, so if there was to be such a section, I would not participate in it.
sorry to necro-post but I love the idea of an anime topic or section. Maybe in the off-topic forum? I'm also down with the idea of having a NerdTV forum. I think it would be great for discussing trying to make some cool anime related calculator projects. I personally would love to see an SAO topic too.
This is what the Open Topic + Reviews sections are for. If you're not sure if a topic exists for your series, use the search feature.
Maybe a MLP board? I'd be down for that.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Maybe a MLP board? I'd be down for that.


Weren't you aware, we already have a 13 PAGE THREAD!

Hoof to it bro.

Sorry. So sorry.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement