elfprince13 wrote:
Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to make a shell extension or program to do the same thing anyway.
DrDnar was working on a program that would let you organize files into folders more easily, and I thought Runer or DrDnar or someone was working on a program that looked like a folder and contained all the apps on your device. If no one does it or has a half-finished working, I might consider a little program to list and run Apps from DCS 7. No guarantees.
*bump* I have updated the feature/bug matrix for Doors CSE 8.0 as follows:

Known Bugs:
[_] Hard-to-track Error: ? bug
[X] Bug with det(1) reported by Merthsoft here. It appears this remained because of a copy-paste error. This will be tested with the C2TEST program, if tifreak8x will please run it.
[X] Figure out how to make RabbitSign or any signer sign Apps with custom icons. Compound issues: app headers must be <=128 bytes, but apps must be >=256 bytes. All solved.

Feature Requests:
None

Edit: Provisionally fixed the det(1) bug. Only Err: ? bug remains.
KermMartian wrote:
Feature Requests:
None

I had feature requests :< Unless you mean for this release?

that tifreak guy on april 5th wrote:
Request:

det(13,SEARCHPARAM

SEARCHPARAM:

1- All programs/appvars
2- All programs
3- All appvars

Stored back to Str9, names separated via symbol of your choosing (As in you, Kerm, not the user)

This function would be good for programs/games to verify all sub programs are installed, and allow for games to check for level packs.
Yes, I meant feature requests slated for this release. Smile That is something I'm considering adding, as you know, but I'd rather make what we have work for 8.1, then look at new hybrid BASIC features like that for 8.2. In the meantime, ladies and gents, please note very carefully the details of any unexpected Undefined errors you get with DCSE 8.0, including error number and text.
Okay, good, just was wanting to make sure you weren't forgettin about me brah Very Happy

Also, have you made any headway at all with the Error ? bug? Things seem rather inconsistent to trigger it, and I've not tried to do so lately. I should make another attempt to do so..
tifreak8x wrote:
Okay, good, just was wanting to make sure you weren't forgettin about me brah Very Happy
Nope, not forgetting. I'm tempted to not document that functionality when I add it, though, as I'm not keen on a ton of BASIC programmers making lots of little BASIC shells that add no features and require Doors CSE. I'll have to only share the interface for that function with you and Merthsoft. Wink
Haha, well, my intentions were for creating map packs for possible future games. Pending I figure out how to xlib, anyways. I was thinking it could be fun to make something Mario related, maybe Megaman, who knows. Wink
tifreak8x wrote:
Haha, well, my intentions were for creating map packs for possible future games. Pending I figure out how to xlib, anyways. I was thinking it could be fun to make something Mario related, maybe Megaman, who knows. Wink
Back in the days of Ion supremacy, level packs were often identified by some unique string placed at the beginning of each level pack (see iDetect). Might that be a useful feature for this routine as well? In the extreme case, I could consider allowing the string to be empty, in which case every program/appvar would be returned.
For me, I was going to search for appvars, then search the first line of each to see if they had a specific identifier to the game being made. That list would be stored to a string at run time, so it wouldn't have to looked at overly often.

Known Bugs:
[X] Hard-to-track Error: ? bug: Tracked to a combination of MenuCurrent not set to zero with ON-PRGM launching and other contributing factors

Feature Requests:
None
Kerm, I absolutely love Doors CSE 8.0. It's great, very straightforward, and excellent for writing my programs. The lowercase alpha feature and ability to run programs in the archive are the ones I am especially fond of. It actually makes me wonder why Texas Instruments hasn't done anything like this yet. Keep rocking on!
Especially when you consider that Kerm is actually on TI's Board of Directors ...

Kidding!

But you are right, DCSE8 is a fantastic software suite that expands the functionality of the 84C by a substantial margin. The features that you mentioned are my favourites too Smile.
AppleDavidJeans wrote:
Kerm, I absolutely love Doors CSE 8.0. It's great, very straightforward, and excellent for writing my programs. The lowercase alpha feature and ability to run programs in the archive are the ones I am especially fond of. It actually makes me wonder why Texas Instruments hasn't done anything like this yet. Keep rocking on!
Why make it themselves when the community can make it? Wink Thank you for the kind words; I'm glad you like it. Please feel free to post up any suggestions or bug reports you have to make future versions even better.

tr1p1ea wrote:
But you are right, DCSE8 is a fantastic software suite that expands the functionality of the 84C by a substantial margin. The features that you mentioned are my favourites too Smile.
It wouldn't be half as cool without the amazing xLIBC library functions that make projects like Earth Impact! possible. Wink You get nearly-infinite props for creating xLIBC and letting it be included in Doors CSE.
tifreak8x wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Feature Requests:
None

I had feature requests :< Unless you mean for this release?

that tifreak guy on april 5th wrote:
Request:

det(13,SEARCHPARAM

SEARCHPARAM:

1- All programs/appvars
2- All programs
3- All appvars

Stored back to Str9, names separated via symbol of your choosing (As in you, Kerm, not the user)

This function would be good for programs/games to verify all sub programs are installed, and allow for games to check for level packs.

I would like to see this functionality. People could make universal search boxes for programs and stated earlier, level packs and DLC.
solarsoftware wrote:
I would like to see this functionality. People could make universal search boxes for programs and stated earlier, level packs and DLC.
And TI-BASIC shells named "Windows". Wink I don't currently have the time to implement any new features for Doors CSE, but once I do, I will consider this feature request.
Could Doors CSE have a folder for AppVars so you can change their names or something on the calculator, with an option to show the folder like there is that option for an Apps folder? I think it would be useful if someone does a big project and wants to rename an AppVar, or if one is undeleted and its name is a number, so it can not be found with 2nd MEM.
What would be a great feature for Doors CSE 8.x is the ability to exit the apps folder without having to spend 10 minutes trying to remember the keypad shortcut in vain then locating the readme/documentation info about it. That's assuming it's even possible at all to exit folders. Because an unlikely key was chosen to exit the apps folder, when I am away from internet with my calc, I had to delete the DCSE appvars then clear my RAM in order to exit that folder.

It would also be nice if when we are in the apps folder then exit DCSE, that we don't re-appear back in there, but rather in the parent directory.
DJ_O wrote:
What would be a great feature for Doors CSE 8.x is the ability to exit the apps folder without having to spend 10 minutes trying to remember the keypad shortcut in vain then locating the readme/documentation info about it. That's assuming it's even possible at all to exit folders. Because an unlikely key was chosen to exit the apps folder, when I am away from internet with my calc, I had to delete the DCSE appvars then clear my RAM in order to exit that folder.

It would also be nice if when we are in the apps folder then exit DCSE, that we don't re-appear back in there, but rather in the parent directory.

The button for exiting apps is pretty logical, if you think of the top 5 buttons as "soft buttons" where their label is displayed at the bottom of the screen above each button. [Y=] opens the menu and [window] moves up a folder.
DJ, there is a sign right above the F2 Key that has a back arrow indicating that is the right key...
That's not very intuitive IMHO. I thought it was just an icon indicating that the icon left to it could do something.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours