This project is based off work done on the non-color calculator, found here: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/384/38404.html

The ui wasn't overly spectacular, and this program itself hasn't been touched in 8 years. So, I've went and made this look a lot prettier on the CSE than it used to be.

Updates will probably also be forthcoming on the older version as well. I'll update here with download links as they are made available. Still have to write up a read me file before I can dump it to the archives.

The CSE version has been uploaded to the net!

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/460/46003.html

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1087

83+/84+ version:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/384/38404.html (old, will be updated soon)
looks great! (and slow...) Was TokenIDE or SourceCoder used in this project?
Yes, I used tokens to write this.

And what's slow about it? This goes very quickly.
How was the original program made? I'm too lazy to download the original program and peruse the source.
Originally, Kerm had released a program with the characters in a string and you just pulled them out of there. I created a UI that showed them one at a time for you to choose one to put to a string to recall into a program.
This looks great!
I used the other aforementioned one and while useful, it was a pain to make anything lengthy.
jetlego wrote:
This looks great!
I used the other aforementioned one and while useful, it was a pain to make anything lengthy.

Thanks!

I agree, that's why the old one is going to get updated as well for the non color calcs. It will just be slightly different, since the screen sizes are so different.

Edit:

So, that's what I've been able to get accomplished with the non colors in terms of displaying on one page. I'm not really sure it looks clear enough what each character is, though. What are your alls thoughts?
There are a few unfortunate spacing issues, but nothing that couldn't be fixed with clever adjustment and exceptions. Do the lowercase letters need to be in there? As you mentioned on IRC, the alternative would be a two-page interface.
I honestly don't know if they need to be in there, as DCSE DOES give the option, but it may not be something everyone uses, so I'd like to hit as broad a market as possible.

And yes, a paging system using the homescreen is possible to do, I suppose. I'm guessing you agree with the need for the characters to be full sized, right?
I figured out how to fix up the monochrome version, and I sent you the final binary. I think the only thing missing is a Doors CS header. Here's how it looks:

You should have it support diagonal movement with the number pad, and draw the string you're creating on the bottom.
That looks boss Very Happy I take it you've got it set up to only grab one character at a time? Smile I might have to jump in there and let it grab more than one to mimic the CSE version a little better Smile
tifreak8x wrote:
That looks boss Very Happy I take it you've got it set up to only grab one character at a time? Smile I might have to jump in there and let it grab more than one to mimic the CSE version a little better Smile
Thanks! Yes, as Merthsoft pointed out, it only pulls a single character, but I'm sure you can swiftly repair that.
And it was indeed swiftly repaired, and additions have been made to both programs.

DEL was added to the CSE version to delete characters at the end of the string

The non-color version now displays the string of characters at the bottom, deletes from the last, and explains after the program is done what string to pull from.

Hoping to have these released this evening.

Edit:

Final version is ready on both counts, updated for the CSE to allow deleting of last character in the string.

Non color version shall soon be available, I can't seem to update the file though, since I'm not the original author of the file.

Here's a screenshot, however:

Will post/update here when the files are available.
Files posted!

Non color version: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=87

CSE version: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1087
Great, I'm glad that these are now available (and as you noted on SAX/IRC, that's an amusing confluence of file IDs). Also great job on finalizing the selection of multiple characters in the monochrome version as well as the icon.
Thanks! Very Happy I hope people find them useful Smile And thank you for your help with making the monochrome version display all the characters and make the cursor box move around properly.
tifreak8x wrote:
Thanks! Very Happy I hope people find them useful Smile And thank you for your help with making the monochrome version display all the characters and make the cursor box move around properly.
It's my pleasure; I always feel quite productive when I work together on projects with you. That reminds me: we should talk to CVSoft about his TI-85 and TI-86 ports of this project and get them released if they're not already available.
I decided to throw the characters at the 73, for fun because I knew it wouldn't work, and ended up with the following:

I was vastly amused by the

"ation Date:
Expired on
Trials Remaining
Application(s)
Press any Key
Texas Instruments Inc"

All in one string. I wasn't aware that applications had trials and could expire? Or is it something else, possibly?
I think it has something to do with unsigned applications and that they can only be run a few times before you need to buy the full version. Kinda pointless once the community found the signing keys.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours