I am learning Grammer 2, and Ijust made a game that I'm rather proud of. In the game, you are a helicopter and must avoid the pipes coming towards you (sound familiar, anyone?). Preess and hold DEL to go up, release to go down. I may post screenshots later. What I need to finish:
-Scoring Mechanism
-I might attempt to add music, if I figure out the best way to do it
-Quit/pause during game

Any ideas, suggestions, comments?

By the way, I'll post my code if anyone wants me to.[/url]
Sounds like a good learning game. I'm curious why you chose DEL, though. I think historically, DEL is used to quit or perhaps bring up a menu, and 2nd is used as the main input key.
I just used DEL because I use 2nd to replay the game. If you lose when holding 2nd, you would replay even if you didn't want to. And then, I might change all the keys when I completely finish.
I think I'd like to see some screenshots of the stuff you have working Smile
gaventemples31415 wrote:
I just used DEL because I use 2nd to replay the game. If you lose when holding 2nd, you would replay even if you didn't want to. And then, I might change all the keys when I completely finish.
I think it would make more sense to have 2nd be the main key for gameplay, and then use other keys for replay and much. Alpha maybe--or even DEL.

Better yet would be some way to catch is the user is holding down 2nd and then don't replay until they've let go and pressed 2nd again.
Oh, sorry, I was wrong. It's actually MODE to fly!
And, tifreak, I'll try to get them up soon.
Got the screenshot:

I added a scoring mechanism, but should add high scores soon.
Awesome work so far!
That does indeed look pretty cool. I take it that hit detection for losing only happens around the front half of the copter? It looks like that the back keeps overtaking pipes as you pass them without you losing.

And I'm guessing Flappy Bird was the inspiration for this?
tifreak8x wrote:
That does indeed look pretty cool. I take it that hit detection for losing only happens around the front half of the copter? It looks like that the back keeps overtaking pipes as you pass them without you losing.
Yeah, that bothered me watching that screenshot as well. I also wish that there was some gravity/acceleration rather than constant upward or downward velocity.

Quote:
And I'm guessing Flappy Bird was the inspiration for this?
"Inspiration" Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours