As Title said i think i officially broken my Calculator, One day i was trying to get more space on my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator and thought it would be a great idea to delete everything that showed up on, TI-Connect TI DeviceExplorer

After i done that I wasn't able to access the Memory.
using [2nd] [+]
I do not have any idea how much RAM or Space I have.
I was wondering if there was a quick and easy way to get everything back to the way it was as a New Calculator, I never backed up my Calc so i was wondering if there was something i could download to put in as some kind of backup and boot that into my calc to delete everything and input all the applications and settings and junk.
Sorry for the Long paragraph, I don't speak english very well

Thanks in advance,
TechnNerd Sad
Try sending the OS to the calculator over TI-Connect by following these steps.

To install the OS:
  • Follow this link: http://education.ti.com/calculators/downloads/US/Software/Detail?id=6014&ref=%2fcalculators%2fdownloads%2fUS%2fSoftware%2fSearch%2fResults%3fcp%3d2
  • Download the OS by clicking the link that says "TI-84 Plus family Operating System".
  • If you don't have TI-Connect installed, install TI-Connect (follow the instructions in the installer)
  • Connect your calculator to your computer with the USB cable that came with your calculator.
  • Open up the TI-Connect folder (should be the folder within the TI Tools folder that should have been created when you installed TI-Connect). Among all the stuff in there, you should find this program called "TI OS Downloader". Open that up.
  • Make sure the info says "TI-84 Plus Silver Edition" for the calculator and "USB cable" for cable, then click "Next" and install the OS. IMPORTANT: When installing, do not disconnect your calculator from your computer or else you will have problems!
  • Once the OS is done installing, your calculator should refresh and show you the About screen with the OS version for the new MathPrint OS.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Try sending the OS to the calculator over TI-Connect by following these steps.

To install the OS:
  • Follow this link: http://education.ti.com/calculators/downloads/US/Software/Detail?id=6014&ref=%2fcalculators%2fdownloads%2fUS%2fSoftware%2fSearch%2fResults%3fcp%3d2
  • Download the OS by clicking the link that says "TI-84 Plus family Operating System".
  • If you don't have TI-Connect installed, install TI-Connect (follow the instructions in the installer)
  • Connect your calculator to your computer with the USB cable that came with your calculator.
  • Open up the TI-Connect folder (should be the folder within the TI Tools folder that should have been created when you installed TI-Connect). Among all the stuff in there, you should find this program called "TI OS Downloader". Open that up.
  • Make sure the info says "TI-84 Plus Silver Edition" for the calculator and "USB cable" for cable, then click "Next" and install the OS. IMPORTANT: When installing, do not disconnect your calculator from your computer or else you will have problems!
  • Once the OS is done installing, your calculator should refresh and show you the About screen with the OS version for the new MathPrint OS.

Didn't work =( I tried it all it did was delete 1 of the game i had and it said RAM cleared but i still can't access memory.
Seems like no 1 has the answer =/
Remove one AAA battery. Press and hold the DEL key. While still holding the DEL key, replace the battery. While still holding the DEL key, press ON if the calculator is not already on. You should see a screen asking you to install an operating system; this does not actually delete the current operating system until you start sending a new one. If you still cannot send an operating system, borrow a serial cable from a TI-83+ owner, find a TI-84+ owner, and try sending the operating system over the serial cable; sending the TI-83+ OS will not work.

You can delete everything from the Reset menu. Select the third option, the one to reset BOTH RAM and archive at the same time.
Also try holding [left] and [right] while booting. WARNING: This deleted all progs and groups on my friend's calc (accident). I don't know if that's supposed to happen (It says, "reset options") but if you want to delete everything, then that's your best bet.
Didn't work
Try removing every battery in your calculator and letting it sit for a little while, then try re sending the OS. Sorry about that.

By the way, this includes the little backup battery.
TechnNerd wrote:
Didn't work

What didn't work? There are four different things we suggested trying, which address different possible causes of your problem.

It's also possible that nothing is wrong with your calculator; it might be the computer that's the problem. That's why you should try calculator-to-calculator linking, with both USB and serial.
This might be VAT corruption. Remove batteries, reinsert the battery and hold [ON]+[CLEAR] until the calc turns on for at least a few seconds. Go to [2nd] [+], [7] (Reset), [->] [->] (To ALL tab), and proceed to reset all RAM and flash. That should reset all storage.
I have tried everything, @AHelper It doesnt let me press [2nd] [+] If u actually read my thread completely. Thanks for trying.

Please someone help me
I think part of the problem is that you haven't been exactly clear what the state of your calculator is. Does it not turn on at all? If it turns on, what appears on the screen, and what happens when you press the keys? Is your computer able to detect it? Can TI-Connect list its contents.
KermMartian wrote:
I think part of the problem is that you haven't been exactly clear what the state of your calculator is. Does it not turn on at all? If it turns on, what appears on the screen, and what happens when you press the keys? Is your computer able to detect it? Can TI-Connect list its contents.

Yes it works fine in a sense that does everything but the Memory menu
TechnNerd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

In that case, try what DrDnar suggested, which will erase everything on the calculator and start you off with a fresh OS:

DrDnar wrote:
Remove one AAA battery. Press and hold the DEL key. While still holding the DEL key, replace the battery. While still holding the DEL key, press ON if the calculator is not already on. You should see a screen asking you to install an operating system; this does not actually delete the current operating system until you start sending a new one. [...]
Then use TI-Connect's OS Downloader program to send over the OS.
KermMartian wrote:
TechnNerd wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

In that case, try what DrDnar suggested, which will erase everything on the calculator and start you off with a fresh OS:

DrDnar wrote:
Remove one AAA battery. Press and hold the DEL key. While still holding the DEL key, replace the battery. While still holding the DEL key, press ON if the calculator is not already on. You should see a screen asking you to install an operating system; this does not actually delete the current operating system until you start sending a new one. [...]
Then use TI-Connect's OS Downloader program to send over the OS.

I have tried this before, Twice Nothing different.
Has it succeeded all the way through? You're able to send over the OS properly? Does your + key actually work? Can you compute 1+1 on the homescreen?
KermMartian wrote:
Has it succeeded all the way through? You're able to send over the OS properly? Does your + key actually work? Can you compute 1+1 on the homescreen?

Yes Yes and Yes, Everything works but the Memory I can Do ["] and [+] Perfectly but not [MEM]
Did you have MirageOS on your calculator before you started deleting things, by any chance? I know it can block the Memory menu, but I'd expect that to go away if you went through the steps to actually send a new OS to your calculator using TI-Connect.
KermMartian wrote:
Did you have MirageOS on your calculator before you started deleting things, by any chance? I know it can block the Memory menu, but I'd expect that to go away if you went through the steps to actually send a new OS to your calculator using TI-Connect.

Yes i do....
Confused

How would i delete it?
TechnNerd wrote:
I have tried everything, @AHelper It doesnt let me press [2nd] [+] If u actually read my thread completely. Thanks for trying.

Please someone help me

Instantly rejecting my suggestion saying "If u actually read my thread completely" isn't helping. I suggested a workaround for a corrupted VAT that wasn't suggested here. Have you even attempted what I suggested from the start to finish or did you just instantly reject my suggestion?

If you can send an OS on a battery pull, then holding [DEL] on reinsert, send http://glassos.sf.net/GlassOS-signed.8xu to your calc. If that boots, you will be able to set up that OS which will cause a full RAM and flash erase. You can then reinstall TIOS following my previous suggestion.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours