I'm curious who here plays the games, what games do you play, what generation did you start out on, etc?

I just finished Y a few days ago in terms of collecting the 718. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAntde9dHWc

Black 2 has all 649 that were available on it.

Currently playing Yellow version sporadically, going to play through Red and Blue afterwards so trading can commence and all 151 can be caught amongst them.

I started out with Red way back in the day on a game boy pocket. Good times were had back then, for sure.
I played Pokemon Y and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

#GradeAScrub
Heh, nothing wrong with that. How far are you along with Y?
Pokemon Blue. All day, e'ery day.
I started with Crystal, nearly a decade after it first got released, and caught everything possible. Of course, due to my lack of friends playing the game, (or friends in general), I couldn't get gold or silver exclusive pokes. I came close, though.
Afterwards came Sapphire, by all rights an amazing game. Hoenn was, up until gen 6, my favourite region, to say the least. Of course, the lack of backwards compatibility at that point was annoying, but they've amended for that somewhat with FR/LG/HG/SS. I somehow managed to skip over gens 4 and 5, so the next game I played was X. Needless to say, it was a breath of fresh air. Not being constrained by grid-based movement, the new 3d pokemon models, even the character customisation, and of course, Wonder Trade, which I've been doing a lot recently- Pokemon X just seemed more exciting than any of the previous installments. Of course, it had its flaws as well, notably the buffed Exp. Share. The game was quite easy, although this was likely deliberate as well, in an attempt to draw in more of the younger demographic. Nevertheless, it was quite enjoyable.
As of late, I've managed to snag a copy of White, although I haven't progressed very far. The main reason for this is that it happens to be the german translation, and, as someone used to the english names for everything, it was somewhat painful to play. I'll slowly be working on it though.
As for spinoffs, I've played Red Mystery Dungeon, and nothing else at this point. While it's fun to an extent as well, it doesn't capture the magic that I've felt from the main series games.
elfprince13 wrote:
Pokemon Blue. All day, e'ery day.
Oh man, me too. It was my first, and I still play it occasionally now. The newer gens are fine, I just don't have it in me to keep up with newer pokemon. I wish they'd re-do red and blue in the modern engines.
I started back in the day with Pokemon Emerald on my GBA. I was in first grade at the time, so I don't remember how great I did, but I liked it for sure.
My favorite of all is probably Leaf Green, I love the Pokemon of the first generation and like the updated game. I have gotten close to getting all of them in that game, but haven't completely tried.
Pokemon games I've played: *means I own(ed) it
-Pokemon Blue
-Pokemon Leaf Green*
-Pokemon Emerald*
-Pokemon Platinum
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (Blue team?)* (the DS remake/upgrade of the original GBA version)
-Pokemon Black 2* (I used a wifi cheat that let me get a bunch of shiny pokemon)
-Pokemon Y* (Haven't even caught like 50 let alone 718)

Overall I do like the games.. But play them once and usually don't go back. And definitely don't have any of my teams maxed IV points and lvl 100's..
I haven't done the IV training, and the only level 100s that I've trained to were my own team as I was leveling and evolving pokemon to fill in slots. Killed two birds with one stone kind of thing. Also just picked up Heart Gold, so I now have all of the important games in my possession.
Just saw this for cloning pokemon in Gen 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efOYWtrj8dM Can do up to 5 at a time, which is kind of cool. Will be handy to do for the legendaries to spread out amongst the 5 games when I get that far. When I have time, I'll post other glitches/cheats up that will be useful for my current non-calc project.
Just received my copy of Pocket Monsters Green Edition (Pokemon Green was Japanese only)

The sprites are.. Very different. It's amazing the difference between it and the Red/Blue we were introduced with here in the states.
They were pretty awful:

Poor Mew and Ditto, they look horrible. :/

I hadn't even gone to look for a sprite sheet, I was just basing it on getting your starter. Wow.. lol
For those that care and haven't heard, Gamefreak is releasing a remake of Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire, slated to release this November. The titles that were released by the Pokemon Youtube channel is Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Another 2 games I shall be adding to the collection when available to purchase Smile
Oh my gosh! My mom doesn't like video games, and I am trying to convince her to let me get a 2DS, mainly for Pokemon. And this makes me want to get on even more! (I've actually been watching for Ruby and Sapphire remakes... When they come out, I miss it! Thanks, tifreak8x!)
tifreak8x wrote:
For those that care and haven't heard, Gamefreak is releasing a remake of Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire, slated to release this November. The titles that were released by the Pokemon Youtube channel is Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Another 2 games I shall be adding to the collection when available to purchase Smile
Now if only they'd do a blue/red remake :\
Well, they have, twice now. They did it in the GBA games, and then they saw another remake when they did Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Though I agree, starting from there would be nice.
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, they have, twice now. They did it in the GBA games, and then they saw another remake when they did Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Though I agree, starting from there would be nice.
If you're counting HGSS as RBY remakes, you might as well count GSC too Razz
If memory serves, it wasn't really a remake, though, as the sprites were no different for the map, the only changes there were were the story elements. But I guess if one wanted to get technical, then yes, it was. But I am only really counting remakes as 'not on originally released cartridge type'.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours