Is there a way to trick the TI-84+ into turning free RAM into archive? or is there a way to resolder more memory onto the chip? If so (on any question) then provide how as well.
No, there really is not... If you could solder anything on the board without breaking anything, I would give you an uber-cool prize!
Well, is there a way to compress 8xk's and send them to the calc?
Eightx84 wrote:
Well, is there a way to compress 8xk's and send them to the calc?

Not really sure as to what you mean by compress, but if you mean to shrink them down and make them smaller, than no, because the app contains the instructions for the actual processor, and is run from the Flash ROM, if I believe.
is there a way to do what I said in the first post on WabbitEmu?
Eightx84 wrote:
is there a way to do what I said in the first post on WabbitEmu?

Not entirely sure what you are talking about... Perhaps throw a quote in here for some reference? Anyway, there is really no way to add RAM, ROM, or the like to your calculator, but of course, I am sure that BrandonW has something to say that would contradict this. Very Happy
is there a way to compress .gb files, then?
Eightx84 wrote:
is there a way to compress .gb files, then?

Oh, are you discussing TI-BOY? That program is quite incredible. No, I also believe that TI-BOY was only able to be created due to the similarities in the processors on both the game boy and the TI calculators, so the answer is again, no. I believe that this app will only work on one of the silver editions made after 2007 or something like that, or on the old TI-83+. Unfortunately, this has led many people to despair; you are not the only one...
I have a TI-84+ made after 2007, and am 1 mb short from getting Super Mario Land 2.
Eightx84 wrote:
I have a TI-84+ made after 2007, and am 1 mb short from getting Super Mario Land 2.

Have you tried deleting extra apps and programs to help free up space? Assuming that you have, I also noticed that you said TI-84+; it must be one of the TI-84+ Silver Editions, I believe...
Not silver editions, cleared ALL memory, just realized that my perfect photo of the TI logo went with it.. Sad
Eightx84 wrote:
Not silver editions, cleared ALL memory, just realized that my perfect photo of the TI logo went with it.. Sad

Okay, well, I assume than that you cannot run TI-BOY, because it does not have the amount of ROM to support it. Sorry about that. Sad
The 84+ only has 0.5MB of Archive total, so there is no way to fit something if you're 1MB short. Sorry!
I think eightx84 meant kilobytes, not megabytes.
regarding the compression of programs: crunchyOS. this shell can run puCrunch-compressed Ion programs. but, it wouldnt work for apps or dcs/mirage (i think) programs.
I have 1 MB less, Tetris runs fine, etc.
Eightx84 wrote:
I have 1 MB less, Tetris runs fine, etc.

It will not work; memory does not grow on tress, or magically appear in your calculator. Very Happy Do you have a Silver Edition, because when you compile Mario land, I believe it also says that you need a Silver Edition calculator to run it...
Normal 84+. There should be an attachment to run actual GB carts on the calc. Idea

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours