Graphing is slow (well, depends on the function) and supports only one function at a time (it's how Eigenmath works), but you can use the Eigenmath-specific features to draw graphs you can't draw with the Casio system. What is the other graphing add-in you mention?
The graphing add-in of which I speak is the default graphing app that's on the calc when you get it. Razz

Will it have an axis and/or grid lines (I don't know much about the original eigenmath)?
It has axes but not grid lines. It can be faster or slower than the default graphing software, depending on what it is drawing.
Hey,
So you can't add any fonctionalities like lim(, solve( to this eigenmath add in ??
I don't understand why, because this add in is written in C++ and Giac is also in C++ so technicaly if you only take the "math" part of the code (I mean code that solves an equation or gives the derivative of a function for example) it should work !
It would be realy good to add some more fonctionalities to this add in for it to be much more polyvalent. (it's just an advise Smile )

The graphing in eigenmath is a very good idea !!! I like it !! What types of functions can it graph that the calc is normaly not able to graph ?? Can you put some screenshots ??

Could you also post some more pictures of the "written" part of eigenmath ? I mean pictures with the functions integer(, sum(, product( for example.

What you did is just enormous !! it's a very good job !!! I like it !

Thanks for your reply
I think that by
Quote:
I can't mix Eigenmath sources with Xcas/Giac code, as they are incompatible (from an end-user perspective and from the code perspective).

gbl08ma meant that the data structures used by Eigenmath and the data structures used by Giac/Xcas are different.
Adapting code to work with the other program's data structures would be a lot of work (assuming licensing incompatibilities do not get in the way, to begin with).

"advise" or "advice" is often misused as a translation of the French "avis" word, whose usual translation is "opinion" Wink
I'm sure some more fonctions like solve(, lim( ... can be added by using the source code of different computer algebra systems like maxima and other.

I don't understand what you mean by your translations, google translate told me that "advise" means "conseil, conseiller" in french
Alextoche wrote:
Hey,
I don't understand why, because this add in is written in C++ and Giac is also in C++ so technicaly if you only take the "math" part of the code (I mean code that solves an equation or gives the derivative of a function for example) it should work !

No, for the reason Lionel explained:
Lionel Debroux wrote:
I think that by
Quote:
I can't mix Eigenmath sources with Xcas/Giac code, as they are incompatible (from an end-user perspective and from the code perspective).

gbl08ma meant that the data structures used by Eigenmath and the data structures used by Giac/Xcas are different.
Adapting code to work with the other program's data structures would be a lot of work (assuming licensing incompatibilities do not get in the way, to begin with).

Saying that code from other engines should work with Eigenmath because it's all written in the same programming language, is like saying fusing a car to a bus (and getting a result that works) is easy because both are made of metal and have tires.

Alextoche wrote:
What types of functions can it graph that the calc is normaly not able to graph ?? Can you put some screenshots ??

Here's f(x)=(sin(x),cos(x)) which is the trigonometric circle: http://tny.im/Lt
and here's a function with branches ( f(x)=test(x<2,x,(x-3)^2) ): http://tny.im/Lu

Alextoche wrote:
Could you also post some more pictures of the "written" part of eigenmath ? I mean pictures with the functions integer(, sum(, product( for example.

For what purpose?

By the way: http://www.grammar-monster.com/easily_confused/advice_advise.htm
Hey,
Ok, I understand what you mean ! By the way thanks for the explanation about advice/advise Smile
But is there a way to add these fonctionalities to eigenmath ? Or do you have to write these code lines yourself ? I there is a way to add limit ( and solve ( command to eigenmath tell me how !

For the pictures: its always good to have some pictures of every command to see how it looks (for people who want to download this add in)
You could even post a video "presentation of eigenmath" where you show how it works (to give explanations about the scrip function, how it works on the calc ...)

Have a nice day
Yes, one would need to code these commands from scratch just to work with the Eigenmath system. For now there is no way to solve arbitrary expressions or limits.

It makes no sense to show screenshots for 100+ commands. Their output will be the same as on the computer version of Eigenmath, and the Eigenmath manual already explains how to use them. The scripting and strip functions, as well as the custom-function-to-button feature, could benefit from some documentation, but I have no time to make videos. Everything else is either explained on the manual or easy to figure out based on what's said on this thread and based on the default startup script.
You're right about the pictures and the video, it was not such a good idea...
I hope you will add the limit command and an equation solver (it doesn't have to be perfect, just do the basics and a little more if possible Smile ) it would be good for the students.
Good continuation in your project
As I said, there's not much point in making a equation solver that only does the basics, since you already have SolveN on Run-Mat and the specialized tools on the Equation menu. And for the limits, why don't you just look at the graphs? There's not much difference between looking at the graphs and looking at the numeric value for the limits, as it's not like Eigenmath could give you the step-by-step solution for them.
How do I graph a function ?
By using this command draw (f(x), variable) ?
Graphing functions is not available on Beta 6.
The lack of public releases was bothering me, and since I currently don't have time for a proper v1.0 release (plus all the documentation, publishing, etc. it requires), I decided to release a Beta 7.

The major new feature is support for drawing graphs using the draw(expression) command. Use the standard Eigenmath commands to control the view window, or use up/down/left/right when on the graph screen, or press Shift+F3 while there for a few preset view window options. To interrupt the drawing of a graph, press AC.
There's also a new command/symbol to generate random numbers from 0 to 2^15*2 (65536). It is appropriately called "random".

Download at the usual URL: http://tny.im/prEigenDL
(note that the filesize of the new version is significantly smaller than that of Beta 6. This is intentional)

New suggested startup script:

Code:
logab(a,b)=log(b)/log(a)
log10(x)=log(x)/log(10)
ln(x)=log(x)
cis(x)=cos(x)+i*sin(x)
cot(x)=1/tan(x)
coth(x)=cosh(x)/sinh(x)
arccot(x)=arctan(1/x)
arccoth(x)=arctanh(1/x)
sec(x)=1/cos(x)
sech(x)=1/cosh(x)
arcsec(x)=arccos(1/x)
arcsech(x)=arccosh(1/x)
csc(x)=1/sin(x)
csch(x)=1/sinh(x)
arccsc(x)=arcsin(1/x)
arccsch(x)=arcsinh(1/x)
npr(n,r)=(n!)/(n-r)!
ncr(n,r)=n!/(r!(n-r)!)
xor(x,y)=or(and(x,not(y)),and(not(x),y))
prizmUIhandleKeys=1
prizmUIkeyHandler(k,s)=(test(
  k=30011,clear,
  k=30014,draw,
  k=149,log10(last),
  k=181,10^last,
  k=155,last^(-1),
nil))
prizmUIfkey3label=329
prizmUIfkey6label=563
Here are screenshots of some of the upcoming features.
Console scrollback:

Brackets highlighting on input:

Multiple graph drawing with the do() command:

New script browser (ported changes from Utilities):
Wow the graphing feature looks superior to the official prizm graphing program. Awesome job gbl08ma
What makes you say that? It's actually quite limited compared to Casio's graphing software, for example it doesn't have any G-Solve related thing, nor does it let you draw on the graph, just to mention some limitations.
The plus side is that it allows for drawing more complex functions.
That's look great ! I love the Brackets highlighting :p , you do an amazing job !
Awesome !
Did you add the limit solver from helder7 ?
Code :
limh(a,b)=do(max=150,g=(numerator(a)),h=(denominator(a)),for(i,1,max,do(test(subst(b,x,h)==0,test(i==1,test(subst(b,x,g)==0,do(g=d(g),h=d(h)),do(print("Solution not found with L'Hopital's rule"),stop)),do(g=d(g),h=d(h))),do(print(subst(b,x,(g/h))),stop)))),print("Solution not found with L'Hopital's rule"))
You can put it in the startup script if you want... I won't put it on the suggested one because it is quite big and then it starts using too much RAM on startup, but if you use it often it may be worth it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours