Have a bug report for jsTIfied? Post it here and be sure to include the following:

• The ROM you are using
  • The OS of the ROM
  • Steps required to replicate the issue
    • Specific programs? Applications?
  • A brief description of about the error message and what happened.

Please don't link to the ROM you were using, the detailed name of the calculator is enough - i.e. TI-84+ versus TI-84+SE.
It seems IE10 support got broken somewhere in your updates Kerm. When uploading the rom file I get
Quote:
---------------------------
Message from webpage
Failed to save state to DOM Storage (Error 3). Try a different browser.

OK

This happens with a known working TI-84+SE rom with TI-OS 2.53MP that I have used in Fx and Opera.
I added a plus to your "TI-84" so that you don't get beat up by BrandonW.
Benryves was telling me about this the other day. It seems that IE10 (for no adequately-explained reason) cannot accept arbitrary bytes in strings set to DOM Storage. Therefore, I need to add a way to set (and retrieve) all data as base64-encoded in IE only.
Loading TI-83 Plus 1.10 results in jsTIfied showing a TI-84 Plus skin that won't turn on. TI-82 support seems to be broken, I get a TI-84 Plus skin with a black screen. I can't load TI-83 ROMs, it just stays with the previous skin and refuses to turn on (it acts differently depending on the previously loaded calc). I don't have a TI-73 to test, unfortunately.
TI-83 Plus v1.03 works but seems to run too fast.
CVSoft wrote:
Loading TI-83 Plus 1.10 results in jsTIfied showing a TI-84 Plus skin that won't turn on. TI-82 support seems to be broken, I get a TI-84 Plus skin with a black screen. I can't load TI-83 ROMs, it just stays with the previous skin and refuses to turn on (it acts differently depending on the previously loaded calc). I don't have a TI-73 to test, unfortunately.
TI-83 Plus v1.03 works but seems to run too fast.

Notes to self:
- TI-82_earliest: i5_read_normal undefined
- TI-82_latest: i5_read_normal undefined
- TI-83: i5_read_normal undefined

So basically I made a mistake when I upgraded the memory system recently. Please stand by while I figure out what happened.

Edit: TI-81, TI-82, TI-82 Stats.Fr, and TI-83 support repaired.
Seems to me that the LCD is offset in Chrome.

EDIT: A certain well hated recent OS
Are you able to provide a picture of what the screen should look like? As in, is there anything cut off? If you are unable to share a proper picture of the screen (try clicking the screenshot button in jsTIfied rather than a screen shot to see if that produces an accurate picture) can you describe which direction the screen is offset by? (I'm assuming up).
The ROM wouldn't load when I was a mere guest.
Indeed. Unless it's changed, you can't upload a ROM when you are not logged in. However, once you load a ROM you don't need to be logged in to use it.

(But you do need to be on the same browser you uploaded it from.)
comicIDIOT wrote:
Indeed. Unless it's changed, you can't upload a ROM when you are not logged in. However, once you load a ROM you don't need to be logged in to use it.

(But you do need to be on the same browser you uploaded it from.)
Actually, jsTIfied has been useable by logged-out guests for a long time. The only things that guests cannot do are take screenshots, export programs, and connect to SourceCoder. I'm not sure what caused the bug that Eightx84 described. Perhaps he can give us more detail.
Bug with so-called "Half-resolution" mode. At least with the way DCSE sets up half-resolution mode, any pixels written to the right half of the screen will show up on every other column of the LCD (not in the actual GRAM, but on the screen itself). Pixels written on the left half show up properly. Doesn't happen with wabbitemu. I'm not sure at the moment if this is a bug with wabbit, or if it's a bug with jstified/DCSE. Interesting to note that this problem doesnt seem to happen with xLIBC, and if I manually set up half resolution mode I THINK (it's been awhile) I can do it in such a way that it doesn't happen.

EDIT: If this doesn't entirely make sense, it's more of a reminder to me than anything, although if Kerm figures it out then that's cool.
Bug in the way jstified handles reads from the 84+CSE LCD.

How it is now:
Move LCD Cursor to (0,0)
Dummy read
Write data (Cursor now at (1, 0))

Read actual data (Returns data from (1,0))
Write data (Cursor now at (2, 0))

Read data (Returns data from (2, 0))
Write data (Cursor not at (3, 0))
... etc.

How it should be:
Move LCD Cursor to (0,0)
Dummy read
Write data (Cursor now at (1, 0))

Read actual data (Returns data from (0,0))
Write data (Cursor now at (2, 0))

Read data (Returns data from (1, 0))
Write data (Cursor not at (3, 0))

Why? Because reading from the LCD should act through a buffer.
Reading from port 11h should transfer the current data in the buffer to the CPU, and then fill the buffer with the LCD data.
Here's an image:

Should be testable by running this program with DCSE 8
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ovg5cxhj8c8jztc/ucrawl.8xp

It should look like the image on the left, but currently looks like the one on the right
[ON] Breaks seem to take a bit to be recognized by the calculator. Perhaps this has something to do SC3?
I created two lists on emulator under the name L1 and L2, both of which are 2963 bytes. When I try to export them, I am given the choices L0, L1, L2, L3, L4, and L5. Pressing the ►Comp for the L0 downloads 8xl (no file extension), for L1 downloads {L2}.8xl, and so on until L5 downloads {L6}.8xl.
Also, the character "[" represents θ when trying to export the real variable.

I am using a TI-84+SE 2.43 rom on jsTIfied with Google Chrome 39.0.2171.95 (the latest version).
Opera 26:

When using jsTIfied from SourceCoder editor, the Load ROM button does nothing at all.
DJ_O wrote:
Opera 26:

When using jsTIfied from SourceCoder editor, the Load ROM button does nothing at all.
Can you please check your Javascript error console, if there is such a thing, to see if SourceCoder or jsTIfied have emitted any errors?
I'M unsure what would be the JS console in Opera 26 since they removed Opera Dragonfly, but in the Inspect Element console this is all I got:

Quote:
browser.js:65 Opera has modified script or content on apis.google.com (PATCH-1176, Navigation keys are not working on Google - hide Opera tag from userAgent for all sites except hangouts). See browser.js for details
tweet_button.c27d2d163408c0fe087fbfe1c687ce2b.en.html:1 Consider using 'dppx' units, as in CSS 'dpi' means dots-per-CSS-inch, not dots-per-physical-inch, so does not correspond to the actual 'dpi' of a screen. In media query expression: (-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio: 1.5), (min-resolution: 144dpi)
all.js:61 Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id.
all.js:61 FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init().
browser.js:65 Opera has modified script or content on accounts.google.com (PATCH-1176, Navigation keys are not working on Google - hide Opera tag from userAgent for all sites except hangouts). See browser.js for details

Which are not jsTIfied errors I believe.
Electromagnet8 wrote:
I created two lists on emulator under the name L1 and L2, both of which are 2963 bytes. When I try to export them, I am given the choices L0, L1, L2, L3, L4, and L5. Pressing the ►Comp for the L0 downloads 8xl (no file extension), for L1 downloads {L2}.8xl, and so on until L5 downloads {L6}.8xl.
Also, the character "[" represents θ when trying to export the real variable.

I am using a TI-84+SE 2.43 rom on jsTIfied with Google Chrome 39.0.2171.95 (the latest version).
Thank you for reporting this. I need to find a few hours one of these days to overhaul how jsTIfied lists files from the calculator to display variable names more reliably; I freely admit that the current method is sketchy at best.
-3-bit color mode (in xLIBC) doesn't work at all in jsTIfied. If you switch to that mode with xLIB then it will do nothing.

-Also, if you check my SourceCoder project, export to 8xg then try to load that 8xg into jsTified later, transfer errors will occur. This can be problematic for people who got TI-Connect CE installed, as this version lacks support for ungrouping files (you must send them to the calc, then back to the computer).

-Another issue is that in Chromium/Opera 28 the SourceCoder jsTIfied on the side will usually freeze after about 2-3 keypresses.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours