You use the online converter to convert to the source code, then use the Doors CS SDK to turn that into a .8xp.
Hmm i seem to have a problem. I converted the song maple leaf rag. It fits in my calculator, i can press play, but maybe 10 seconds into the song it crashes... The song is 10kb, is that too much for the calc to handle?
Supercrazu,aster wrote:
Hmm i seem to have a problem. I converted the song maple leaf rag. It fits in my calculator, i can press play, but maybe 10 seconds into the song it crashes... The song is 10kb, is that too much for the calc to handle?

What do you mean it crashes? Like it starts to become very staticy and such?
I second Qazz's question. You mean the song just ends?
If yes, then that means you should probably adjust the tracks used

if no, then please elaborate Smile
An awesome place to get video-game midi files- for free,
www.vgmusic.com
It has over 30,000 of them!
Bendito999 wrote:
An awesome place to get video-game midi files- for free,
www.vgmusic.com
It has over 30,000 of them!

http://www.vgmuseum.com/mrp/multi/mp3s3.htm

is where I get all mah castlevania things, although I dont normally use it for midis.. as they are all track type 0..
qazz42 wrote:

I guess this user never came back. Sad That's too bad. And thanks for the tip!
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

I guess this user never came back. Sad That's too bad. And thanks for the tip!

yeah, I bet he figured it out and now no longer wants to hang out with us D:
I think more likely, he got distracted from making mobileTunes songs and moved onto other things, sadly. Sad
I found a bug... sort of. I tried to open a file that was bigger than the amount of ram available, and it cleared my ram. Thankfully it didn't take anything important, It was just a mild nuisance.
DJ_O wrote:
Nice, I really need to find my adapter again...

Me too.
I think that I'll just buy a new one.

Onto another venu; would it be possible to record on the calc, maybe just gather sound waves, and compile them, not even play it back. I'd be a good concept test. Is there a sound sensor? If there is , you could utilize that. Very Happy
I tried the converter on the mobiletunes project page, and when I send my pocket monsters red and green theme as a midi, it says "Page cannot be Displayed." I'm using IE 10 on the school computer. It's not the school censoring application, it's the actual page that acts as if the page doesn't exist
I cannot replicate your bug. How big is the MIDI file in question?
I figured it out... I used Audacity to convert a .mp3 file to a .midi. But it won't directly convert it - I exported it as a .wav and just added the .midi extension. It plays on Windows Media Player. So I figured that it would work. But when I tried a .midi on a suggested website on this topic (the videogame music website), it worked. But I do have one question - how do I compile an assembly file on Doors CS 7 SDK?
renaming file extensions DO NOT covert files. ".wav" is an uncompress-ished file format for audio. ".mid" is a synth instruction file; it tells your computer what instruments to play and how.

Midi-> Wav conversion is possible with things like FL Studio, but Wav->Midi must usually be done by hand.
Yes, I figured that out. I just need to know how to compile it.
soulfighter wrote:
Yes, I figured that out. I just need to know how to compile it.
If you already have the Doors CS 7 SDK, save the source code as a new file (like mysong.asm) in the asm/source/ folder. Open up a command prompt, navigate to the asm/ folder using the 'cd <folder>' and 'cd ..' commands, and run 'compile mysong'. Let us know if you encounter difficulties.
Well, I can't use the command prompt, but I have found a way to use it indirectly.
Type in this code into Notepad or another simple text editor:

Code:

cd Z:\TI\dcs_sdk\asm ;type in your directory
compile MYSONG ;type in source file, without extension

Then save it as filename.bat
Open it and it will compile!

There's a solution for people that do their TI calculator work on the school!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 8
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours