490: Even though you know the Nspires are terrible programming wise, you still try to buy one because of a good deal you saw.
491: You'd rather be on HCWP than go to Church on Wednesday nights.
492: You buy a $250 calculator "in case you need it later"
493: You buy out-of-print books on Z80 Assembly.
494: You search auction sites just to look at pictures of calculators with their silde cases removed.
495: A picture of a Z80 hangs above the fireplace.
496] You try to convince your councler that you should have your forgen language credit because you know X number of programming languages.
497] You'd rather read this thread on you calc in class than do math work.
498] ... because your math class is way to easy.
499] ... and you finished your math homework for the week.
500] You submit the five-hundredth Top 1,024 Signs You're a Cemetechian sign!
501] You natively run Windows on a Mac
502] You dual boot OS X and *nix!
503] You put your own OS on a Mac.
504] You decode the Windows drivers that Apple provides and compile them to work with Windows.
505] ... with your own OS.
506] ... all of this on a school laptop!
507] You tell an assistant principle that you did all of this.
508] You don't get in trouble doing it.
509: You boot Linux off of a flash drive to impress your friends and also to work around the uselessness of Macs.
510: You find the school's Wifi password in documents available to all students.
ordelore wrote:
509: You boot Linux off of a flash drive to impress your friends and also to work around the uselessness of amcs.
510: You find the school's Wifi password in documents available to all students.

Really? Care to expand?
I won't expand on the wifi password, only that I could get it. Linux was rather easy thanks to the Mac Linux USB creator.
Mac Linux USB creator? DId you do that using Boot Camp?
ti83head wrote:
494: You search auction sites just to look at pictures of calculators with their silde cases removed.
You found out-of-print books on z80 assembly? I would be very interested to hear more about this.
willwac wrote:
Mac Linux USB creator? DId you do that using Boot Camp?

No, it is a Mac application available here
KermMartian wrote:
ti83head wrote:
You found out-of-print books on z80 assembly? I would be very interested to hear more about this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0895880695/ref=cfb_at_prodpg
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Assembly-Language-Programming-Lance-Leventhal/dp/0931988217/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1395783062&sr=1-6&keywords=lance+leventhal

Ok - I am not sure if they are out-of-print but given the age of the processor and the age of these books, I am sure they would be difficult to find in some bookstores. (I have recently acquired both of these and the latter is really well written and very nice to read.)
511] You teach your math teacher what a hectagon is.
512) You spend more time programming a program that will help you do your math/science homework than it would have taken to just do the homework.
KermMartian wrote:
ti83head wrote:

Presumably it's the Rodnay Zaks book?

Page 14 of 14
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours