There is exactly nothing for USB with Axe. Someone will have to write an axiom for that.
Is usbpad8x such an axiom? The demo shows how your ti 84+ can become a USB keyboard, but can usbpad8x be used so that usb keyboard input is detected TO the calculator?
As far as I remember, this is actually an axiom whose specific use is to turn the calc into a keyboard. Either way, I don't really take care of USB-related things as I always had a TI-83+ BE as my only z80 calc.
Is there a routine for displaying score sideways?
Well no, one thing you can do is making your own font (that will have sideways digits) and display them with simple Pt-On's, something like that given that S is your value that will stay below 1000 and that your font is 8*8 :
Code:
If S/100->r1
Pt-On(X,Y,r1*8+Pic1FONT)
End
If S^100/10->r1
Pt-On(X,Y+8,r1*8+Pic1FONT)
End
If S^10->r1
Pt-On(X,Y+16,r1*8+Pic1FONT)
End
You can obviously do it better optimization wise if you don't mind your score having zeros at its beginning, but you get the idea.
Okay Hayleia you need to understand what example code is. It's a different thing from optimized code, so stop saying that each a time.
I know what example code is, hence the "obviously" in my sentence as in "don't think this is the only way, this is an example". And I (don't say that each time but if you think I do, ...) say that because I already saw people saying "I tried your code and it didn't work well once in the middle of mine", as in "I copy pasted without checking if the variables you used were not used elsewhere, without understanding anything and without trying to apply the same method adapted to what I want", so my commentary was not about "matref sux, can't optimize" because I know what you can do (and it was not addressed to you in first place), but exactly about "you get the idea" (this is even in my post) "so adapt it to your convenience as it is just an example code".
Well, if you say so.
Anyway, you can also use a For loop to print several digits.
matrefeytontias wrote:
Well no, one thing you can do is making your own font (that will have sideways digits) and display them with simple Pt-On's, something like that given that S is your value that will stay below 1000 and that your font is 8*8

I meant displaying it normally, just optimized for games that play sideways (Flappy Bird, etc.)
Wat ? -_o There's not a "more optimized" way to display text other than the built-in text commands.
I meant to display score using the normal routine, but the entire score is on it's side. Apparently the rotc( command doesn't work for that.
That's indeed correct, rotc( only rotates sprites. You'd have to make your own font and font display routine for that, like matrefeytontias said in his initial reply.
That's what I told you. You have to make your own font/routine to display text on its side.
The OS has no capability to print text sideways. But you could make a routine that grabs the OS sprite for a character, rotates it, and then draws it. I imagine you could do it in Axe with no more assembly than the following snippets:

Character code ► Pointer to large character sprite
292929EF6F802CAF326284

Character code ► Pointer to small character width byte followed by sprite
292929EF8347AF326A84

Character code ► Small character width
292929EF8647260068

Routines to draw strings, numbers, etc. could also be made in Axe as extensions of the rotated character drawing code.
Is there any axiom or library made that could add sounds and music?
Haobo wrote:
Is there any axiom or library made that could add sounds and music?

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but I might take a look at this: http://www.omnimaga.org/the-axe-parser-project/midi-to-axe-music-converter/
There's already the built-in command Freq in Axe. But sound and music are really resource intensive on a calculator.
Hayleia wrote:
There's already the built-in command Freq in Axe. But sound and music are really resource intensive on a calculator.
Aha, it was Freq()! I was going to guess something like Tone(), even though that is of course not a default token. I mentioned being able to use an interrupt to play music during gameplay to Haobo, but I'm not sure that that's what he's looking for, and that's more ASM than Axe.
Is there any way to insert or delete a number of bytes from an appvar while preserving the original contents of the appvar, and (hopefully) not using a temporary appvar? I'd want a subroutine that I can do that with easily for a project.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 10 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours